Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22389 01/06/07 07:57 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi Good people. I thought I'd post my thoughts on Tiny Colour Movies. This originally appeared on the Bill Nelson website DREAMSVILLE.

Tiny Colour Movies is the new cd by John Foxx, which the postie put through my letter box this morning & after playing it only once I have to say it is a superb album. On a par with Metamatic for definite.

All tracks are based on short films that Arnold Weizcs-Bryant collected over a number of years. John had the pleasure of being invited to a birthday celebration screening for Weizcs-Bryants wife. mesmerised by the movies, John began recording new pieces of music & realised that after a few weeks, the images of the movies were still ghosting through his mind, flickering back to that birthday screening. So, John began working on pieces of music to go with the images of the short films, which I now have in my oily ilektrik hands.

The booklet that comes with the cd is full of images from the films, plus each track has a beautifully written description by John, which veer into J.G Ballard territory in places.

Those fans that have been longing for a John Foxx album that they can play over & over again, can be rest assured that THIS IS IT. It's full of minimal erotic textures that flit, slide , glide, flicker, shimmer & ripple through your cortex, unfolding in slow motion & blooming in filtered soft beauty.

Foxx fans that love Glimmer, Mr. No, Blurred Girl etc will fall in love with this album.

I adore it already.

C
C
Hear Hear!

This is John´s territory and Tiny Colour Movies is as well crafted as Metamatic. The DVD on TCM would be a delight and a follow up CD, a success. I wonder if Urban Motets was in the same vein as TCM.

These electronic instrumental solo pieces plus his work with Louis Gordon is, as a fan, where I would like to see John. laugh

The Quiet Man is also in the same vein as TCM and moreover his forthcoming project Grey Suit Music. This could be the follow up I´m talking about.

2007 another great year!

Chris C wink

It's probably John's most diverse album, and certainly one of his most creative and interesting.

I do think it might be the first of many albums of a similar theme, as it's something John has been interested in doing for a long time.

I like it, although I don't find it's an album I play very often, as I really need to be in the right mood for it.

I love this album a lot!

For me it is the outstanding album of all his great releases in 2006!!! wink

I'm more into the JF/LG stuff than the ambient/discrete side.

Kurfurstendamm is my preferred track.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.