Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22326 12/28/06 01:06 PM
Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
I posted this on Torque point a while back.Just a reminder for anyone who had not seen it. wink

From John's myspace blog....

John Foxx interviewed about Berlin on Radio 2

John Foxx features in a new Radio 2 radio programme called 'Berlin Soundz Decadent' will be broadcast on BBC
Radio 2 at 20:30 GMT on January 2nd 2007...and thereafter will be
available to download on the Radio 2 website for (I think) a week
afterwards at www.bbc.co.uk/radio2

It's about David Bowie's time in West Berlin in the late 70s, the music he
made there, what inspired him to come, and what legacy he left.

Do check it out......Elisabeth Mahoney, the Radio Critic of The Guardian has called it"a very classy programme...very very thorough and interesting", and made it one of her Christmas Listening Picks on Radio 4's Front Row. The RadioTimes have made it a Pick of the Day, and fantastic Bowie website www.bowiewonderworld.com describes it as "essential listening".

The programme features the voices of Mark Radcliffe, David Bowie, Brian
Eno, Tony Visconti, John Foxx, Ricky Gardiner, Blixa Bargeld, Mick Harvey, Ute Lemper, Katharine Blake, Anna Maxwell Martin, Rene Rennewald, Klaus Dinger, Tacita Dean and Adam Butler.

Have a fab Christmas, or as John puts it -

Here's to a very MERRY CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS …

Steve & John

Administrator
Administrator
Anyone else catch this?

Superb programme. Couple of insightful threads (about psychedelia) from Foxx, and he speaks at the beginning about discussing with Eno whether or not Eno (who was working with Ultravox on the first album) should go to Berlin with Bowie. The recording is made outside and has sparrows chirping in the background!

Great to hear "Always Crashing in the same Car" on air, and some wonderful Iggy Pop rarities.
A fascinating time and some interesting guests - Blixa Bargeld, Klaus Dinger, Ute Lemper et al.

Krautfest! (sorry Shadow Man - just a turn of phrase I borrowed from Mark Radcliffe!)

And listen to Iggy Pop's Nightclubbing - oooh it sounds like "Cinema"

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Hi there!

I tuned in to this show and I thought it was a great listen. Really interesting and plenty of song clips that I hadn't heard for a while.

BBC is running a few shows on the Old Grey Whistle Test - the first was shown last night. I wonder if they will show any Ultravox!? Anyone heard anything about this?

Cheers, Sarah

Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
Hi there!

I tuned in to this show and I thought it was a great listen. Really interesting and plenty of song clips that I hadn't heard for a while.

BBC is running a few shows on the Old Grey Whistle Test - the first was shown last night. I wonder if they will show any Ultravox!? Anyone heard anything about this?

Hi,

I posted the news about OGWT on EV & Torque point.
I've checked ahead over the coming weeks & I think there are 4 OGWT year shows on in all.But not as far as I know 1977 or 1978 (I think Ultravox were on in 1978) so its looking doubtful.I'm recording them all on my DVR anyway just in case.

Brian

Cheers, Sarah

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.