Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#22075 04/06/11 09:15 AM
More interesting news from Bushworld...

Bush finally allowed to use Ulysses lyrics

All the best,

EG

#22076 04/06/11 09:36 AM
C
C
quote:- "Another track from The Sensual World, Deeper Understanding, now features the voice of her son Albert and is being released as a single"

Oh no!

The inclusion of a young son or daughter singing with mummy, that's what stopped me from buying Virginia Astley's Nippon Columbia albums All Shall Be Well and Had I The Heavens when a CD copy of each mysteriously appeared in my local Virgin store in '98 (a decision I've since regretted as they are both now extremely rare)

Scott #40712 07/20/11 06:38 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Breaking news:

EMI executive says label are preparing for a November release of Bush's new album

NME says:
The singer is known to have been working on a new album and said back in May she said that she'd done "most of the writing" for an album of new material.

At the time she admitted that she finds it "stressful" that there are such long gaps between her albums, adding: "It's very frustrating the albums take as long as they do. I wish there weren't such big gaps between them."

NOW I'm excited grin

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
core memory #40725 07/22/11 12:53 PM
H
H
Originally Posted By: core memory
quote:- "Another track from The Sensual World, Deeper Understanding, now features the voice of her son Albert and is being released as a single"

Oh no!

The inclusion of a young son or daughter singing with mummy, that's what stopped me from buying Virginia Astley's Nippon Columbia albums All Shall Be Well and Had I The Heavens when a CD copy of each mysteriously appeared in my local Virgin store in '98 (a decision I've since regretted as they are both now extremely rare)

I’ve got the “All Shall Be Well” album and fortunately Virginia Astley’s daughter’s “singing” only features on the run out bit at the end of one track – “My Smallest Friend”. Luckily there’s also an instrumental version of the song at the end so with a judicious bit of Soundforge editing you can remove her daughter altogether!

C
C
Originally Posted By: Herbert the turbot

I’ve got the “All Shall Be Well” album and fortunately Virginia Astley’s daughter’s “singing” only features on the run out bit at the end of one track – “My Smallest Friend”. Luckily there’s also an instrumental version of the song at the end so with a judicious bit of Soundforge editing you can remove her daughter altogether!

Now that's just the kind of 'Special-Limited-Edition-Directors-Cut-Bonus-Features' version that I want for Christmas! (with apologies to Ginny and Kate)

Scott #41065 09/12/11 11:48 AM
New album "50 Words for Snow" announced for November.
http://networkedblogs.com/mUvFu

all new material this time

Scott #41069 09/12/11 03:32 PM
C
C
Great stuff, but now that the UK has started to move towards another ice-age I'm sure we'll have snow well before November 21st, so in keeping with that forecast Kate should have released the album on September 21st!

Scott #41080 09/13/11 10:18 AM
Stephen Fry has just tweeted that he recorded with Kate for a track on her new album...

Scott #41081 09/13/11 11:26 AM
C
C
So, does this mean that Stephen Fry is the new Rolf Harris?

core memory #41082 09/13/11 12:18 PM
Originally Posted By: core memory
So, does this mean that Stephen Fry is the new Rolf Harris?

my thoughts exactly!
laugh

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.