Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sam.vox Offline OP
OP Offline
As part of this years Short Circuit festival at the Roundhouse, 'Ryuichi Sakamoto & Alva Noto' the be performing the premiere of a new piece of work on the 12th May.

Slight word of warning, Ryuichi's work with Alva Noto os one of his more avant-garde ongoing projects, so if you think you'll be getting Merry Chrismas Mr Lawrence or The Last Emperor, you be disappointed, (or versions you recognise anyway!).

Glad to see seats on sale in the circle, as although I am looking forward to it this is not one you'd want to stand for I think.

http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/productions/short-circuit-presents-ryuichi-sakamoto

I know what you mean Sam.
There are so many different Sakamoto's!

Saw a gig of him once, in Amsterdam, at the 'Beauty' tour.
Very impressive, but even then I thought he should do a proper, full length album with David Sylvian.
I kept on dreaming since then ...
:rolleyes:

Have fun at the gig!

S
S
I saw him Dec 09 in Edinburgh & he was superb.

Administrator
Administrator
It's just been announced that Chris Carter and Cosey Fanny Tutti will also be playing at this year's Short Circuit festival.

To be headlined by Erasure :p

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Oh yessss .. Sakamoto + Noto sooooooo avant-garde (avant-garde a clue, George Harrison dicet)

this'll give you some idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3onBZ5C95g

actually I really enjoy their albums, but I think I'm the only person this side of Cardiff to do so..

PS they did do a good take on "Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence" which is quite 'funny' actually,...in an avant-garde sort of way.

The day after the premiere at the Roundhouse, Sakamoto and Noto play at ... Catharina kerk Eindhoven (biggest church in my hometown).
After the Basement Jaxx premiere it's now Sakamoto's first gig in The Netherlands for over twenty-five years!
laugh

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.