Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Well I like the song.. .(Alex: agreed the "sleeve design" is a bit weak). .got a very 'Sound of the Crowd'-y feel too it; if you think about it the early 80s "let's dress up and go out and have a good time" mentality hasn't changed much and THL have always fitted so well into that sort of thing so let's carry on with that winning formula!

The video reminds me of New order's "Confusion" with the young girl coming home then getting ready to go out to the club at night .. THL-people not in it but after the "All i Ever Wanted" video it's probably a wise decision. "Ver kids" don't necessarily need to see 3 50-year olds prancing around OR pouting into the camera, although we *would* love to see Phil singing "leave you cornflakes in your freezers" with a straight face.
Bizarre lyrics but then so were "put your hand in a party wave..pass around"..

NIGHT PEOPLE! ADD YOUR VOICE!

MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Interview with one of the imonster production people . .lots of techy info for techy people ..

http://www.the-black-hit-of-space.dk/night_people_production_honer.htm

It's grown on me. I like it.

I have to say it has really grown on me. I think it is the last third of the track that grabs you, very much like Human League Mk1

Not heard the remixes yet!

MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Never mind the Joy Divsion oven gloves, here's a must have for Chrimbo..

...and I quote: "Dare" to carry your essentials around in retro style with this giant cassette tape!"

Nb, it's a "purse" .....and there are many many more...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sugarshoxcrafts?section_id=7357564

^ cool laugh

on that video there's scenes from tampere, finland... weird.

EDIT: pagebreak, here's the pic i was referring to:

The track listing for Credo has been confirmed in the NME: -

http://www.nme.com/news/the-human-league/54061

I was amazed to find the the single "Night People" didn't even make the Top 200 in the singles chart.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Hunter:
I was amazed to find the the single "Night People" didn't even make the Top 200 in the singles chart.
{engage Controversy mode}
I've just listened to the track on www.thehumanleague.co.uk..

I'm amazed they ever released it. - It's GHASTLY.
The music sounds like something discarded by GORILLAZ. (or even "Gorillas", as in dropped out of their nether regions..).

Vocals: Aaaargh!!!
The Intro is enough to make me hit stop..

Now, unless I've gone mental (which I admit is always a possiblity), singles are released to generate interest for an album?

Does that mean that the album in question (Credo?) is as bad as this?

{disengage Controversy mode}

I found it to be a grower, but really didn't like it at first. Quite disappointing when compared to say, "All I Ever Wanted" or "Tell Me When" as a pre-album single.

There's a lot riding on the HL's first new material in a decade, so I'm hoping that Night People isn't the main stand out track!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.