Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#21465 10/25/10 07:51 AM
OP Offline
I normally don't do this ...

Posting about my squad.
But ...

This sunday was a topmatch against the rival of Rotterdam:

PSV Eindhoven - Feyenoord Rotterdam: 10 - 0

Yes, that's right, 10 - 0!
It's the biggest defeat EVER for Feyenoord.
I was there, and it was unbelievable; when it was 6 - 0 the fans shouted "10-10-10"!
We never thought this also would happen, but it DID.

laugh

#21466 10/25/10 08:55 AM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
I was there, and it was unbelievable; when it was 6 - 0 the fans shouted "10-10-10"!
We never thought this also would happen, but it DID laugh
definitely worth posting about, even a non-football fan such as myself can only marvel at the perfection of that result smile

#21467 10/25/10 09:45 AM
They'll be singing in the streets of Eindhoven for a long time to come!(To the tune of The Pet Shop Boys' 'Go West')

Ten nil to the Eindhoven
Ten nil to the Eindhoven
etc...

10 - 0 is a great result for any team and one I don't think has ever been achieved by any team I've ever followed. Admittedly, that amounts to nothing more than Alloa Athletic (or Alloa Athletic nil as they're better known) and Wycombe Wanderers.

Since I now live in South Africa I've become more of a fan of egg chasing (rugby union). If my adopted team, Western Province, can achieve as stunning a result this Saturday against The Sharks in the Currie Cup final, I'll be happy.

Kudos to PSV!

ΤΏΤ

P.S. Here's a soccer trivia question for you Lody. Who is this?

He's had a street in Amsterdam named after him. He's had a book written and a film made about him. He was the first black South African to play professional football in Europe. After signing up for English club Coventry City in 1955, he went on to achieve superstar status playing for the Dutch side Heracles and later for Torino in Italy, becoming one of a few players in Europe to earn £10 000 a year.

#21468 10/25/10 12:53 PM
Hi Lody. Incredible result for PSV. A real high point for your team but a real low for Feyenoord.

I love your country. A great place. I've travelled all over the country. Still to visit Eindhoven though.

#21469 10/25/10 09:32 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Stringy Bob:
They'll be singing in the streets of Eindhoven for a long time to come!(To the tune of The Pet Shop Boys' 'Go West')

Ten nil to the Eindhoven
Ten nil to the Eindhoven
etc...

10 - 0 is a great result for any team and one I don't think has ever been achieved by any team I've ever followed. Admittedly, that amounts to nothing more than Alloa Athletic (or Alloa Athletic nil as they're better known) and Wycombe Wanderers.

Since I now live in South Africa I've become more of a fan of egg chasing (rugby union). If my adopted team, Western Province, can achieve as stunning a result this Saturday against The Sharks in the Currie Cup final, I'll be happy.

Kudos to PSV!

ΤΏΤ

P.S. Here's a soccer trivia question for you Lody. Who is this?

He's had a street in Amsterdam named after him. He's had a book written and a film made about him. He was the first black South African to play professional football in Europe. After signing up for English club Coventry City in 1955, he went on to achieve superstar status playing for the Dutch side Heracles and later for Torino in Italy, becoming one of a few players in Europe to earn £10 000 a year.
Thanks Stringy!
And cheers for Western Province!
I know the answer to your soccer trivia question, it's:

STEVE MOKONE

There's a novel written about him over here (and a movie) that's called:

DE ZWARTE METEOOR (THE BLACK METEOR)

#21470 10/25/10 09:34 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Your Shadow:
Hi Lody. Incredible result for PSV. A real high point for your team but a real low for Feyenoord.

I love your country. A great place. I've travelled all over the country. Still to visit Eindhoven though.
Thanks Andy,

when you're in Eindhoven give me a call, we'll take a pint at 'The O'Sheas' (Irish pub)!

#21471 10/26/10 04:08 AM
Well done, Lody, it was indeed Steve 'Kalamazoo' Mokone. I'd love to see the movie but it would need to have English subtitles as I understand even less Dutch than I do Afrikaans!

Those that don't follow a sport can probably never understand how it feels to be present at such memorable moments. To see that tenth goal hit the back of the net must have been such a great feeling. I'm envious.

ΤΏΤ

#21472 10/27/10 05:23 PM
Quote:
I normally don't do this ...

Posting about my squad.
But ...

This sunday was a topmatch against the rival of Rotterdam:

[b]PSV Eindhoven - Feyenoord Rotterdam: 10 - 0

Yes, that's right, 10 - 0!
It's the biggest defeat EVER for Feyenoord.
We never thought this also would happen, but it DID.

laugh [/b]
WOW! cool BIG CONGRATS LODY! smile

(For various historical reasons, I really hate Feyenoord! wink )

Sadly can't find the whole game, however - all the goals are here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_-XgjyaF0Y

Gazza

#21473 10/30/10 07:49 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Gazza!

Glad to hear it made you happy wink
This evening it's us against the number two Fc Twente (the old squad of McLaren).
But our rival of old times (the big BAD wolf itself) is Ajax Amsterdam. Here in the province hated because of their arrogance.

But why is it you don't fancy Feyenoord?
Or: what's the name of your squad?
(or is it because of their hooligans?)

Cheers!

#21474 10/31/10 06:50 PM
Quote:
Thanks Stringy!
And cheers for Western Province!
I think I need to switch back to football and support PSV Eindhoven!

Sharks 30 - 10 Western Province frown :rolleyes:

ΤΏΤ

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.