Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21456 10/21/10 06:13 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
ARI UP, the front-woman of the British post punk band THE SLITS, has died aged 48. Representatives of her stepfather, the SEX PISTOLS singer JOHN LYDON, broke the news in a statement that read, "John and Nora have asked us to let everyone know that Nora's daughter Arianna (ARI UP) died today (Wednesday, October 20th) after a serious illness. She will be sadly missed".

frown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=870DAfxuUIU

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#21457 10/22/10 04:17 AM
Was never a fan of The Slits and knew little about them, but it's terribly sad to hear of someone the same age as me dying.

ΤΏΤ

#21458 10/22/10 06:53 AM
Read the news late last night and felt very sad indeed. Ari's solo stuff and later incarnations of the band never really interested me, but I rate the Slits' "Cut" as one of my all-time favorite albums. It still sounds fresh and new after 30 years and puts most of the post-punk crop of quirky female vocalists and noise-dub hybrid bands to shame. And yes, it is depressing that Ari was only a bit older than I am. frown

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.