Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Not sure if this has been done on this forum before, apologies if it has, but in response to Ivan's 'best support band' thread, I'd like to know who were the worst support acts you ever saw.

Only two choices for me:

Mr. Spratt's 20th Century Popular Motets (supporting The Stranglers at Glasgow Apollo, I think it was the Men In Black tour)

Chas & Dave eek (opening act at the 1979 Knebworth Festival where Led Zeppelin headlined)

ΤΏΤ

S
S
I saw James & A Guy Called Gerald support New Order at The Glasgow Barrowland in 1985 & they were both truly abysmal.

T
T
Marxman at Depeche Mode. They were probably better than I remember but they didn't suit Wembley Arena nor the Mode's audience.

I
I
After careful consideration I was going to give this unwanted award to the first group I ever saw live on stage Mr Big (supporting Freddie Mercury and pals) then in the dark recesses of my mind , it came back to me As Steve Miller once said in that anodyne classic "Jet airliner " "You got to go to hell before you get to heaven" (Hippy Steve obviously a closet Vangelis fan) So to reach the heaven of THIN LIZZY I had to endure the hell of CLOVER Horrible lumpen Southern Boogie/pseudo Blues with the main man blowing away incessantly on his harmonica then telling all and sundry that "he was gonna give his baby every inch of his love once he'd drunken his supply of Southern Comfort , provided the Levee didn't break and wash it all away "
I probably did a scathing article in a punk fanzine deriding such scabrous rubbish But didn't Mr Harmonica blower get the last laugh on Ivan He demoted his fellow band members remnamed them "The NEWS" his name ?

HUEY LEWIS still crap but world wide superstar and megabucks

There's no justice is there ?

C
C
Gary Numan DJing at the Roundhouse June 2010.

In the words of Madge Ciccone:

"Hey Mr. DeeJay put a record on
I wanna dance with my baybee.
And when the music starts
I never wanna stop, it's gonna drive me crazee"

laugh

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.