Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
cool The good ol' Beeb are once again spoiling lovers of good music with a double whammy of two TV progs related to the great, but unfortunately late, Nick Drake. Here's some info to droool over until the moment of viewing and both are repeated soon-ish if you don't catch these showings (advance apologies to anyone in foreign lands, who can't access the BBC and therefore can't see these shows).

The Songs of Nick Drake: Way to Blue
Fri 16th April at 21.00 for 90 mins. Various artists live concert tribute filmed at the Barbican, London, January 2010. Presenting their own interpretations of Drake's songs are Vashti Bunyan, Green Gartside, Lisa Hannigan, Scott Matthews, Teddy Thompson, Krystle Warren, Robyn Hitchcock, Kirsty Almeida and Harper Simon. House band musicians include the great, and fortunately still with us, Danny Thompson on double bass.

Here's a link for you:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00s06v5

Nick Drake: A Skin Too Few
Fri 16th April at 22.30 for 50 mins. Profile of a true talent who died at the very young age of 26, but still managed to leave a legacy of three brilliant albums that have now become classics and have influenced many.

Here's the link for this one:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074ngy

Even before I see these, I just know they're going to be fascinating and most enjoyable,
Garden wink

Cheers for the info Guv!

One of my all-time favourite artists!

Looking forward to seeing Way to Blue - I've got A Skin to Few - it came with the vinyl boxset a few years back.

Vashti, Green and Robyn eh? Blimey!

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.