Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Mark 'early'. Because it were the early eighties. And because I REALLY think these two albums can rival the first two Duran albums. But, apart from that, these two albums ('Journeys to Glory' and 'Diamond') showed the Ballet at their bravest. And now these two albums are remastered with all the extra's you can dream of. So, put on your Blitz uniform, and walk in style to your nearest recordshop! And, if you wish, you can read all about it in the latest edition of 'The Quietus' online.

C
C
These two were in my collection when I first started buying records. Journeys To Glory is still one of my all time favourite records. Great debut. Diamond wasn't as exciting but still a pretty good album. Changed style on the follow-up and it was a massive summer hit in '83.

I've ordered these two and will soon be pre-ordering the Duran Duran and Arcadia albums.

I'll check the Quietus.

Chris wink

C
C
Good synopsis on the Quietus.

Now on the packaging of the CDs. It is important that you remove the clear film cover carefully and also when you try to get the booklet from the inside cardboard case as otherwise you'll rip off part of the CD cover as I did. mad It happened for both CDs. Can you believe it? What cheap material are they using these days for CD covers? eek

I'll have to swallow it and I'm afraid that for the first time I'll have to re-order. There's nothing like jewel box packaging!

Chris

OP Offline
What a bummer Chris!

That sounds like the old days, when you could damage the vinyl cover by just removing the stitcher.

mad indeed!

the first lp has some classic tracks and glow should have been an a-side, but diamond is their masterpiece.

C
C
Take 2!

Journeys To Glory and Diamond arrive once again at my doorstep. With great care I open the boxes and meticulously remove the film cover. Nothing is torn so far. Surprise surprise! This time the booklets can easily be taken out from their pockets.

It's now time to play the music...

Thorougly enjoyed them. Well compiled and the second side of Diamond sounds very haunting. Hardly played it at the time of release but it's great, quite unique.

Chris wink

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.