Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
#19483 04/01/11 06:45 PM
S
S
David Sylvian - Died In The Wool

This new 2 CD collection includes new material and re-worked tracks from 'Manafon' . Released on SamadhiSound, the catalogue number is SOUNDCDSS021

Out May 23rd

#19484 04/01/11 07:16 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Died In The Wool
Great title. I'm looking forward to checking this out. Its up on amazon presently for pre-order.

#19485 04/01/11 08:00 PM
OP Offline
No tracklist as yet just this; "Died In The Wool 2CD digipack: Manafon variations, new material, and some re-imaginings of Manafon, 2 pieces composed by classical composer Dai Fujikura"

#19486 04/02/11 02:50 PM
S
S
This was posted over at japansylvian.com, not sure if it's the genuine article but no reason to believe it isn't:

Disc 1:
Small Metal Gods
Died In The Wood
I Should Not Dare
Random Acts Of Senseless Violence
A Certain Slant Of Light
Anomaly At Taw Head
Snow White In Appalachia
Emily Dickinson
The Greatest Living Englishman (Coda)
Anomaly At Taw Head (A Haunting)
Manafon
The Last Days Of December

Disc 2:
When We Return You Won't Recognise Us

#19487 04/02/11 09:27 PM
C
C
Quote:
not sure if it's the genuine article but no reason to believe it isn't
Thanks Scott, I'm really intrigued by this one.

#19488 04/02/11 10:24 PM
I make my living correcting typos and decrying homophone misuse as the population becomes increasingly illiterate, so I despair over the title of this compilation. DIED in the wool? If it was intended as a clever pun, I fear most people will miss the humor because they won't recognize that it is incorrect. But rather than allege the steadfastness of his sentiments (in other words, declaring that he was DYED in the wool), maybe David wants us to think he was trampled by shearlings or smothered by kilims. Bad title. Really poor choice. mad

#19489 04/03/11 08:22 AM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Lele:
If it was intended as a clever pun, I fear most people will miss the humor because they won't recognize that it is incorrect. But rather than allege the steadfastness of his sentiments (in other words, declaring that he was DYED in the wool), maybe David wants us to think he was trampled by shearlings or smothered by kilims. Bad title. Really poor choice. mad
'smothered by kilims' laugh

"LOL!, OMG praps he bin txtng 2much. He neez 2B told!"

But I suspect (if Davids musical direction is anything to go by) that you can take Nine Horses to water, but you can't make them drink :p

#19490 04/03/11 11:12 AM
not an April Fool?
confused

#19491 04/03/11 01:45 PM
T
T
Quote:
David Sylvian - Died In The Wool

This new 2 CD collection includes new material and re-worked tracks from 'Manafon' . Released on SamadhiSound, the catalogue number is SOUNDCDSS021

Out May 23rd
Not so keen on the idea of re-worked tracks but new material is always welcome. Having said that, some of 'The Only Daughter' worked really well.

I think the title is great. It suggests a regret at life not lived to the full. Staying at home in the cardigan. Or maybe life is lived more to the full at home?

#19492 04/03/11 02:23 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
I think the title is great. It suggests a regret at life not lived to the full. Staying at home in the cardigan. Or maybe life is lived more to the full at home?

Not so keen on the idea of re-worked tracks but new material is always welcome. Having said that, some of 'The Only Daughter' worked really well.
I'll stick with your take on the title, and on the one hand whilst I'd question the idea of (if it is at all self-referential) our David not having lived life to the full, he does obviously spend a lot of his time sounding regretful!

If Manafon was his art reduced to the bone, then I'm curious about hearing it with some fat on.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.