Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
#19373 03/08/09 12:02 PM
OP Offline
The new David Sylvian album Manafon is listed as coming soon in the new issue of Wire magazine.

No other details as yet

#19374 03/08/09 03:37 PM
That's interesting news. Cheers Rads laugh

#19375 03/08/09 07:55 PM
T
T
Cool, cheers. Interesting title: "Manafon" is in Powys, Wales, apparently.

#19376 03/09/09 08:13 AM
Cool. Not far away from my own Heimat. Wonder if our Dave has got a house there or something.
RadioB : must speak to you urgent about this BTW. wink

#19377 03/09/09 10:59 AM
I
I
Probably emulating his childhood heroes Led Zeppelin and their Bron yr Aur stomp (Last Mid Wales locality to inspire music as far as I can remember) I'm having weird visions of Sylvain having abandoned his androgyneous Princess Di look and now sporting long shaggy greasy locks and wearing a psychodelic waistcoast over his bare torso Heaven forbid smile
"Life can be so cruel Life in Machynlleth "

#19378 03/09/09 11:18 AM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
"Life can be so cruel Life in Machynlleth "
Ha!ha!ha!ha! Hilarious! laugh

#19379 03/09/09 11:25 AM
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
[b] "Life can be so cruel Life in Machynlleth "
Ha!ha!ha!ha! Hilarious! laugh [/b]
Afternoon Gazza (It is here anyway) Dem Krauts still not in das Haus yet so I await them with eager anticipation Something winging its way towards Radler Towers , Spammerville , Missouri as a token of my gratitude In time honoured Una Stubbs/Michael Aspel fashion
*Mimes "You can't listen to it *
RE Mid Wales ace cycling country you probably know that anyway

#19380 03/09/09 12:06 PM
Quote:
Probably emulating his childhood heroes Led Zeppelin and their Bron yr Aur stomp (Last Mid Wales locality to inspire music as far as I can remember) ..
Let us not forget Mike Oldfield's "Hergest Ridge" England / Wales borderline hill as inspirational look-out point for eponymous post-Tubby Bells opus.
The Red Book of Hergest is in proper Welsh mind boyo.

#19381 03/10/09 04:10 AM
Interesting that there's been nary a peep from Samadhisound about this impending release. Usually the label sends out emails about upcoming material long before the product 's artwork or track listing is even finalized.

If indeed the report is true and David Sylvian has a CD entitled "Manafon" in the offing, I suspect that the choice of title has nothing to do with the well-known location in Wales. Instead, it's probably some kind of esoteric, prehistoric Ainu term for "undocumented states of spiritual transcendence from corporeal boundaries established by rare animist cults of outsiders with flashing eyes who wear goat skins in tranquil rain" or something equally pretentious and unfathomable.

On the other hand, it could refer to a surrealist dream in which a hybrid creature is born of the love of a manatee for a telephone. . . Now, that would be fun! laugh

#19382 03/10/09 07:53 AM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Lele:
Interesting that there's been nary a peep from Samadhisound about this impending release. Usually the label sends out emails about upcoming material long before the product 's artwork or track listing is even finalized.

If indeed the report is true and David Sylvian has a CD entitled "Manafon" in the offing, I suspect that the choice of title has nothing to do with the well-known location in Wales. Instead, it's probably some kind of esoteric, prehistoric Ainu term for "undocumented states of spiritual transcendence from corporeal boundaries established by rare animist cults of outsiders with flashing eyes who wear goat skins in tranquil rain" or something equally pretentious and unfathomable.

On the other hand, it could refer to a surrealist dream in which a hybrid creature is born of the love of a manatee for a telephone. . . Now, that would be fun! laugh
Excellent description, Lele. The one about the Manatee has cheered me up this early morn. laugh laugh

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.