Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
#18957 11/13/09 08:01 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
No, I love The Girl in the Fireplace, and Blink and that one when they're all stuck in that train thing in the middle of nowhere.

#18958 11/13/09 08:56 AM
And of course, The Girl in The Fireplace also starred the rather lovely Sophia Myles...and David Tennant wooed her with his sonic screwdriver.. wink

#18959 11/13/09 09:11 AM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by John:
and David Tennant wooed her with his sonic screwdriver.. wink
who would have guessed that it could be so multifunctional...

apart from the creepy looking alien clockwork robot technology idea, I still stand by what I said about that episode, but 100% agree about the other stories.
Out of the blue I still randomly send a text to a big Who friend of mine saying only:

"are you my mummy?"

how sad am I eek laugh

it drives him mad, and one day the joke's going to wear very thin!

#18960 11/13/09 09:53 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:

Out of the blue I still randomly send a text to a big Who friend of mine saying only:

"are you my mummy?"

Ha! amazing how that's become a classic!
I like it when he repeats it during the Sontaran invasion episode (sorry I'm cr*p with titles).

#18961 11/14/09 09:42 PM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
[b]'who wrote this half-assed crap Sylvestor McCoy 'Ghostlight' kinda way!)
I've heard that this is viewed as one of those very bad moment's in the Who saga, never seen it myself as all of the McCoy years disappeared down a black hole kinda time warp thingy for me laugh [/b]
McCoy's seasons had a script editor called Andrew Cartmel, who had some quite nice general ideas for making the show 'darker' and more mysterious, but his actual editing was all over the place: all the scripts he delivered to directors were far too long to fit into an episode, so tons of dialogue would get cut (largely the stuff which made the story make any SENSE!), leading to characters randomly running onto sets blarting out lines and them trying to pass it off as "enigmatic" or whatever.
Most of the McCoy DVDs have tons of deleted scenes put back in, making it all a bit more explicable to watch now!

#18962 11/16/09 02:10 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
characters randomly running onto sets blarting out lines and them trying to pass it off as "enigmatic" or whatever...
in the hands of the right Director that sort of thing could be good in some dramas laugh

The Waters Of Mars - I enjoyed it, a huge step up from all of the previous one-off episodes since the series ended, I mean to say, that last one with Zoe/Lara Croft from Eastenders, god love her! (and to think that she was Bionic once upon a time laugh ) it just fizzed out. Anyhow, we seem to have some drama back into the show, and I liked the creepy focus on 'water' and the whole mythology that association brings to a Mars plot. Hope they do bring back the Ice Warriors, (I assume that's what the humans were partially morphing into in the story).

#18963 01/17/10 08:16 PM
C
C
Over Christmas I recorded the last David Tennant as Dr Who story: The End Of Time, and finally got around to watching it last night, think I was unconsciously putting this off, when its done, its done, and its all over for what was for many of us oldies a golden period in our ‘once upon a time childhood show’. John Simm stole the story hands down, and the crazy sub plot about every human in the planet being transformed into the master (with shades of the Aphex Twin video Window Licker) was pulled off with the perfect balance of humour and absurdity as Simm really is the perfect likeable villain.

It wasn’t as much of a weepie ending with Tennant as I’d expected, thoughtful that they gave him the opportunity to say goodbye by way of doing something good and timely (excuse the pun) for all of those people he’d known and cared for. Without pulling on our heart-strings too tightly they quickly and smoothly eased us into the introduction of Matt Smith, and by destroying the Tardis interior they’ve opened the way up for a make-over in the next series, so its not just a new face, but maybe even a different take on the show is on the way. I’d be very surprised if any of the friends and associates of Tennant’s Doctor ever reappear again, maybe its going to be a whole new Who universe, and brief though Matt’s moment was, I think I’m going to warm to him in the role very quickly.

#18964 01/28/10 02:13 PM
I remember when Christopher *Wossname* handed over the baton to *Doodah* Tennant. I remember thinking he would be rubbish. I was wrong.
When Matt *Thingy* appeared, guess what I thought? Yup, "He'll be rubbish"...

I'm rubbish at names today.. Good job my avatar has a name underneath, or I'd have forgotten that as well..

#18965 01/28/10 02:33 PM
Despite my general disagreement with the idea of a "young" Doctor, I warmed to Matt Smith straight away, with his strange face and enormous hair.

The new series trailer looks fantastic. There are a number of changes taking place behind the scenes, which I believe will all be improvements and take the spirit of the show even closer to its roots. For me, there have been too many occasions where it hasn't really felt like Doctor Who any more.

The element of change drove the original series forward for 26 years, and still it keeps it going. It's time for change again and the start of a new era, and I'm looking forward to it for one.

#18966 01/29/10 08:13 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
I agree with you Alex. Apart from the last Tennant episodes being "not very good" you get the feeling his time (timey-wimey) was up and yes even that very short trailer for the new one makes it all look very fresh and exciting again. cool

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.