Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18297 11/04/08 10:25 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
for those interested:

'GOLDEN MELODIES OF TOMORROW' and the double digi-pak convention CD 'CLOCKS AND DIALS' can now be ordered from the Dream Department Store.

http://www.billnelson.com/html/store/index.php

Thanks D! Being a Bill Nelson fan (hope for him to join John on a forthcoming release) it's a hard job finding Nelson material on the internet. Just placed an order for 'Whimsey', which got great reviews. laugh

Thanks for the linky Mr D, i have great memories of this site. A place of yesteryear for me. smile

MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes it is rather nice isn't it?

I
I
Never knew you were into The Admiral ! Sir William of Wakefield is up there with Sir Denis of Chorley in my musical Pantheon I had the pleasure of seeing Be Bop Deluxe three times in Liverpool in my teens (once supported by the legendary punk poet John Cooper Clark) and once at our ex alma mater when he was in his Red Noise phase I kind of lost him at the "Love that Whirls" stage
Of the nine discs (Vinyl and all the Be Bop stuff again on CD( never short of excellent-
Only seems like yesterday he was standing there on the stage at Liverpool stadium in the middle of a tube , brandishing his Sunburst and sporting one of those dodgy 70's type hairdos !

MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Well I'm not really apart from his all-too-brief electro period, Flaming Desire, Quite Dreaming, Chimera etc.
Plus his work with The Skids and David 'Dave' Sylvian..
But the website is really nice and I like the way he writes personally...

T
T
'Golden Melodies Of Tomorrow' is a sparkling, magical work of art. I strongly recommend it. Bill Nelson is sixty next month yet with this he has produced one of the landmarks of his career. cool

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Yes it is rather nice isn't it?
Odd thing is, ive not been there for about a year, and nothing seems to have changed. Not even a single leaf on the ground. confused

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.