Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
They kept this quiet!!!!

OCTOBER 6th, BERLIN: Depeche Mode (Dave Gahan, Martin Gore and Andy Fletcher) have today announced the European leg of their ‘Tour of the Universe 2009’. The band are currently in New York working on a new album, due April next year.

Depeche Mode’s eagerly-anticipated follow up to ‘Playing The Angel’ will be the 12th album of a glorious 28 year career in which they have sold over 75 million records. One of the world’s biggest and best live acts, ‘Tour of the Universe 2009’ will undoubtedly be the musical highlight of next year.

Kicking off in Israel on May 10th, this will be Depeche Mode’s first ever stadium tour, taking in 28 cities across 22 countries before finishing at Porto’s Superbock Super Rock Festival on July 11th.

Depeche Mode will play to over 1.3 million fans on this European leg of ‘Tour of the Universe 2009’. It’s their first since 2006’s ‘Playing the Angel’ tour, which smashed European sales records with 1.8 million tickets sold across 87 shows.

The last date of the ‘Playing The Angel’ tour – August 3rd 2006 – was to take place at Tel Aviv’s Hayarkon Park, but the band were forced to cancel due to the impending war. Tel Aviv’s Ramat Gan Stadium thus provides a fitting stage for Depeche Mode’s spectacular live return.

They're playing the O2 Arena in London on 30/05/09. Hopefully, they'll announce more UK dates in the near future. smile

....and the North American dates as well.

Still no new dates to date. :rolleyes:

F
F
Berlin tickets, 70 euros (plus some fee)...
They can kiss my behind this time.
Have you seen this press conference? hilarious how the person asking about the high prices was answered.
Basically the promotor sort of 'hijacked the question' to answer it since the band were still gasping for one...

It must be said, the prices are 'a bit' high. Theres been a quiet storm about venue selection, and ticket prices over at the official site too. frown

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
High prices are only to be expected in such an instance, sadly.

I'm more interested in the new album. I'm happy to have seen them live on the last tour - I'm not a fan of arena shows any more.

I guess I am used to the high prices here in NY. The Police asked something like $200 a ticket for their 'farewell' performance. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
The Police asked something like $200 for their 'farewell' performance.
Pay it M, just pay it please. smile

Still no North American dates announced. mad
If the UK ticket prices were high, I can't wait to hear how much they will be here in NY. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.