Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1780 03/05/11 08:06 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Hi all

You will have noticed some alterations to the organisation of topics on the forum.
The 'site announcements' category has been renamed News and Announcements and the forums in there have been re-organised.
There are now separate forums for news of

John Foxx
The Forum
and
Metamatic.com website

These are where all the news and announcements will be posted... wink

Secondly, I have introduced a new category called JOHN FOXX so that the main man has priority and standout from the rest of the 'music' forums. In the course of time, I'll be relocating threads in there where topics relating to specific projects, albums etc can be discussed

For now, you'll see that there is a new forum John Foxx and The Maths for all the current stuff, and also that the Ultravox and Nation 12 forums have been relocated to the new JOHN FOXX

Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks

Mx

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#1781 03/13/11 11:56 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
This weekend, I've done a bit more pruning (removing and merging duplicate topics etc) and introduced a couple more re-organisations.

In the new JOHN FOXX category, I've set up forums called

John Foxx and Louis Gordon
into which all topics relating to John and Louis's work together have been moved (Shifting City, TPOE, From Trash, live dates etc) and
Collaborations
into which I have moved topics on John's work with 'other people' (Budd, D'Agostino, Metamatics, Robin Guthrie etc)

This in turn simplifies all the other forums for these individual artists. Instead of Music this category is now entitled Links and Collaborations and has been pruned down so that only topics that discuss their individual careers remain.
Or at least they will be...

Thanks. Mx

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#1782 03/14/11 07:29 PM
Hi Martin
You're doing a good job on here wink

Peter

#1783 03/15/11 12:37 AM
I agree, I like the new structure. Logical and convenient.

#1784 03/19/11 08:38 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Cheers guys.

I've just created an Artwork forum in JOHN FOXX where the topics on

Book covers
Duck Art
Science fiction Stories
Exhibitions

are now hosted.
Few more duplicates removed and 'topics merging' wink

#1785 03/22/11 10:22 AM
Excellent work Martin. Really appreciated.

Just a thought: in the 'Ultravox' section there is stuff about 'Ure-vox' rather than 'Foxx-vox' . .should they be kept separate?
Mind you, I don't know where you could put "Ure-vox".. in The Green Room?
How about a 'other bands' section?

Just a thought, as I said...but perhaps I think too much.
:rolleyes:

#1786 03/22/11 05:03 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
I thought about this, but s long as they are seperate topics then all is as it should be I think.
Good balance, best of both etc.

There is very actually little discussion here of Ure-vox... most of that is done over at The Other Place

cool

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

It's been a while since I 'fiddled about' with The Forum.

In response to some of the questions I've received here and by email etc, I've done a bit of pruning to make the Forum List a little simpler...

The topics that were previously located in the Media and Press and Artwork forums, have now all been moved into the John Foxx forum at the top of the list.

I think that should make it easier to decide where to put things. But with John's varied output and ethereal presence in All Things, it is rather like trying to knit smoke

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.