Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
M
Mine also arrived today. laugh

Lovely artwork, Alex. The cover has a Claude Monet feel to me.

I haven't played the cd yet. I hope to do that on Monday, when I have time to listen all the way through.

What also arrived from Toffeetones today was,

TOFFEETRONIC - Loading Beats..

LOUIS GORDON - Blind Anorexic

I really liked what I heard by the above on the radio show, so had to buy something of theirs.

Good to see that Louis was involved with Matt's 'Loading Beats...' e.p.

My copy also arrived today. Alex it's fantastic to see your art work on a CD it has a very Foxxy Cathedral Oceans feel to it along with Garry's photo's on the inside reminding me of TCM.

Due to other commitments I haven't yet had time to absorb all the tracks on the CD.

Well done all round

Peter smile

smile smile

OP Offline
I think our postman was put off by the rain on Saturday but mine arrived today smile

Well worth the wait laugh

This project has been a huge success so my thanks once again to all the artists involved. Thanks to Alex and Garry for the imagary and Matt and his people for putting the fantastic CD together.

This "Foxxy" Robo Cast show has had the most downloads and hits since they were started in July 2007.

Paul Berry's track is absolutely amazing!!!

And Louis' track "Move Through Grey" is fantastic! Very Foxxesque.. but then again, it would be!

OP Offline
Anne Clark's Full Moon is one of my favourites, but then again all the tracks are fab in their own right.

This CD is absolutely brilliant!! I hope John has ben sent a copy!

I'm really enjoying your track "Oxygen"... although to my ears this is much more of a Jarre tribute that to our John. You've captured so many of the Oxygene 7-13 sounds in there and the atmosphere - it's simply stunning!!

The Anne Clarke track isn't particularly to my taste, but as the second track it really gets the album going.

I love Gary's "Stranger In A Room"... very Foxxy synths. I can hear a bit of early Depeche Mode in there too, which is always nice smile

OP Offline
Cheers Alex,

I think the Oxygen track is a mishmash of a lot of influences many are probably subliminal. Others have mentioned the John Foxx feel but some of my others tracks do have a definate Jarre influence.

I think the remastered has been done superbly. I know a lot of work had to be done on some of the tracks. Matt was keeping me posted as the remastering process was taking place.

I also think it's great some different tracks are appealing to different people. The diversity but also accessibility of the tracks makes for a great album.

Yeah - there is a wide range of varied influences clearly audiable on the CD, but I think John's shines through most significantly.

And it all strangely matches my cover art - which was a nice surprise; a cool blend of synthetic and organic.

I've played the CD twice already. I suspect it might reach melting point by the end of the day!

I might have to check out Paul Berry on iTunes.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.