Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
OP Offline
In conjunction with Matt from Toffeetones, we have a very exciting project in the pipeline.

Firstly, I am planning to create a special ‘John Foxx’ themed Robo Cast Radio show. We want artists who have been influenced or inspired by the work of John Foxx to appear on a special show. Robo Cast Radio, for those who do not know, is a popular podcast show I produce, dedicated to all forms of electronic music.

We are therefore looking for artists to submit tracks for the show. The criteria is simple -

1) The submitted track has been inspired in someway by the work of John Foxx. The track does not have to sound like John Foxx but you have taken inspiration for your creation.

2) Any era and electronic style can be included. Electro, ambient etc.

3) The music is one of your own original tracks. I want to keep away from cover versions.

4) I am also asking artists (if possible) to record a short sound byte outlining why John Foxx has been so influential on your own musical creations. Or just record a comment of your own choice on the subject. I would like to add these comments into the show. This is purely optional but it would be nice to include some comments from the artists.

** And now the even more exciting bit **
With Matt, we are planning to produce a John Foxx "inspired by" CD featuring artists from this special show. This is not your regular tribite CD as all the tracks are original but taking inspiration from JF.

I’ve already had some tracks sent through from forum members and from other artists we know who are big John Foxx fans. Ideally, I’ll like to have all the tracks within the next 3-4 weeks. We would like to coordinate the show with the release of the tribute CD.

You can get in touch with me regarding this project at robo@robocastradio.co.uk

If this comes off it will be fantastic, with your help.

Cheers,

Ian

This is tremendously exciting.

You already have mine - if you let me know which track(s) you're interested in (assuming there are some!) then let me know, and I can give you background info on them if you wish.

I'll e-mail you a bit about how John's music has influenced my work.

Looking forward to hearing this project. Having already heard Recliner, having a JF tribute album is going to be something really original.

Peter

Quote:
Originally posted by Future Daze:

With Matt, we are planning to produce a John Foxx tribute CD featuring artists from this special show.
When I heard about Ian's idea of a tribute show I thought it was a great one, I felt we could compliment it with a cd - a bit like when a magazine did a special issue and had a cover mounted tape/flexi disc on it.

There are plenty of talented Foxx inspired folk out there who can contribute to this project -

1. Music - Ian is doing a grand job compiling tracks from all sorts of Foxx inspired artists.

2. CD Art - Some great imagery is required, send ideas to Ian or toffeetones@hotmail.co.uk

3. Words - If you have something to say about Foxx and his influence why not jot it down or record it and send to Ian or toffeetones (address above).

Here we go......
Matt

What about a title?

OP Offline
I've only had a quick think about a title and as yet, I've not come up with anything. So, please feel free to post your title suggestions on the forum.

Cheers,

Ian

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
What about a title?
Damn good point Alex - What about a title?

post ideas on the forum.

Maybe a certain line from 030 might be appropriate for a triubute album title.

"Someone pushing through my outline"

Or "pushing through my outline"

Brian

Taking a title from lyrics or John's song names (if there's no legal implications) is always a good idea.

My choice would be Electricity and Ghosts

I think things like In Rising Light or Fog Structures could work well too.

Administrator
Administrator
I think this is such a great idea!!!

But instead of coming up with a title first, why not see what comes out at the end once you have an overall theme/sound etc for the album?

best wishes to everyone involved, from the most musically inept person on the planet!!!

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.