Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1764 02/23/11 07:12 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Craig

Your message contains an incorrect spelling. Under the new regime, there is no place for such grammatical tardiness.

You are hereby notified that your account will be closed and you will be banned from the forum and removed from the mailing list forthwith if such a thing happens again.

Forum Admin

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#1765 02/23/11 07:44 PM
Administrator
Administrator
laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#1766 02/23/11 07:51 PM
F
F
posted 23-02-2011 20:12, posted 23-02-2011 20:44

That brought in quite a bit of tension laugh

#1767 02/23/11 10:49 PM
B
B
I think Martin should ban anyone who can't use your/you're properly, or their/there/they're properly.

wink

And I think I said this on Twitter--congrats, Martin! Rob made a good choice, though we will miss him.

#1768 02/24/11 10:47 AM
Blimey

If it's all abaht grammar, that's me stuffed!

Innit.

wink

#1769 02/24/11 10:51 AM
me grammer's alright and me speling but its the typein errrors i'm worriedabout.
laugh

#1770 02/24/11 01:58 PM
C
C
Thanks Rob for your dedication in providing a valuable and friendly site. As administrator you’ve undoubtedly done a lot of hard work, whilst also keeping an amazingly ‘ambient’ presence over the forum in a true quiet man style.

As someone who doesn't really have much interest in online communities I'd never have foreseen when I joined here that the forum would become such a constant fixture in my mind. It’s a place that allows for a great deal of expression from its members, least of all from myself, and as Alex posted earlier, ‘opinions may differ’, but we all share an interest that’s clearly never waned over the years, and its great to share and explore it.

There’s also lots of fun here in so many other avenues, its re-ignited wider interests for me, and I've learned a lot as I’ve added to my musical tastes from the listening choices of other members, be that current music I’d not have otherwise investigated, or earlier music that passed me by. As has been said already, ‘it's as good as a night down the local with mates’.

With the forum torch being handed over to Martin and his great enthusiasm, passion, and attention to detail about Foxx and music in general, ‘Metamatic’ is in excellent hands, and please Martin, don’t stop contributing your reviews, if you can still find the time!

#1771 02/24/11 06:27 PM
T
T
Thanks for all the work and info you've given us over the years Rob. Core Memory sums up your efforts perfectly with his Quiet Man/ambient presence analogies. Look forward to seeing what you come up with for the website.

Martin, thank you for taking over the helm. Your thirst for all things Foxx is encyclopedic, and you're a nice bloke to boot.

May the tweeting begin! laugh

#1772 02/24/11 07:24 PM
Administrator
Administrator
I guess if Rob was 'the quiet man' of this forum, then I'm probly more of a Louis Gordon!!

Thanks for all your comments everyone

Here we go...

#1773 02/24/11 09:40 PM
T
T
All the best of luck to you both! Not that you'll need it of course.

And to the rest of you, thanks for continuing to make this place what it is. I agree that it is something of a local, except without the fruit machine and pool table. A local forum not just for local people, and there's plenty for us here.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.