Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#17228 05/09/08 07:14 PM
H
OP Offline
H
If there's anyone here who likes No-man (there is a tenuous connection via Steve Jansen), they've just announced a one-off gig at the end of August in London. Full details at http://www.burningshed.com/store/noman/collection/271/ .

#17229 05/11/08 06:06 PM
P
P
I'd love to go to that but sadly geography prevents it. They are recording the show for a DVD though, which I will get. O yes.

What do you think of the new album?

#17230 05/11/08 09:17 PM
M
M
I saw No-Man support a version of Ultravox a few years ago now. I say a version of Ultravox, because Billy was the only original member, I think.

No-Man were great! Although I went hoping that Mick Karn & Steve Jansen would be playing with them, but alas, no.

Spoke to Steven Wilson & Tim Bowness after the gig. Lovely guys.

#17231 05/12/08 12:57 PM
Not living in England is a torture when you like this kind of music. I hope one day No-Man is coming to the Netherlands. But I did saw Porcupine Tree here two times. With Steven Wilson and Richard Barbieri among them. Great band, if you like the combination rock and synths and strange atmospheres (like Systems Of Romance) go check them out! John Foxx did the coverartwork of their album Lightbulb Sun ...

#17232 05/13/08 07:34 AM
What a great band that No-Man is; occassionally whip em out during those really mellow moments with a cup of hot cocoa and a packet of hobnobs.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.