Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#14685 12/02/07 07:48 PM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
News on some interesting releases, from Gary Numan's website:

NEW REPLICAS FROM BEGGARS BANQUET
(News date: Dec 2)
On February 25, 2008 Beggars Banquet will be releasing a 2 CD, 27-track, Replicas Redux 2008 Tour Edition featuring, on CD1, the original Replicas album and B-sides, on CD2, the previously released 'out-takes' such as 'We Have A Technical', 'Only A Downstat' etc plus earlier versions of all the tracks that appeared on the original album. These tracks date from sessions recorded at the end of 1978 and early 1979. Beggars Banquet have also put together a special 3 CD Deluxe edition of Replicas Redux which will be exclusive to fans who buy the album through NuWorld. This third CD is a six track EP of early demos plus alternative versions and mixes, including different recordings of 'Are 'Friends' Electric?' and 'Replicas'. It will be housed in a cardboard wallet and will only be available from the NuWorld shop as part of the limited Deluxe edition 3 CD package.

NEW LIVE ALBUM FROM BEGGARS BANQUET
(News date: Dec 2)
Also in February 2008 to celebrate Gary's 30th year as a recording artist - Tubeway Army's first single That's Too Bad came out on Beggars Banquet in Feb 1978 - Beggars Banquet are releasing a recording of Gary's last night on the Touring Principle World Tour. The show took place on 31st May, 1980 in Sydney, Australia and will ONLY be available through NuWorld. The full tracklisting is as follows: Intro, Airlane, Me! I Disconnect From You, Praying To The Aliens, M.E., Films, We Are So Fragile, Are 'Friends' Electric?, Conversation, Remind Me To Smile, Replicas, Remember I Was Vapour, Trois Gymnopedies, Cars, I Die; You Die, Bombers and Tracks.

#14686 12/02/07 09:51 PM
Hi Alex
Thank you for posting this. Definitely going to try and get the 3 CD set

Peter smile

#14687 12/02/07 10:34 PM
Certainly seems worth a listen..

Thanks, Alex!

Sarah laugh

#14688 12/02/07 11:28 PM
M
M
Thanks for the post Alex. I hope February comes around very fast. I really didn't think that there would be anything else that Beggars could unearth to do with Replicas.

great news!

#14689 12/02/07 11:43 PM
The sydney live cd will only be an officially pressed disc of whats been on the bootleg circuit for years. But the 'Replicas' 2 and 3 disc sets is the main one of these releases.

Come on BB, we know theres more!!

#14690 12/03/07 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
The sydney live cd will only be an officially pressed disc of whats been on the bootleg circuit for years. But the 'Replicas' 2 and 3 disc sets is the main one of these releases.

Come on BB, we know theres more!!
Re Sydney,that's 100% acurate mate,most of us have as good as they will be selling you so who would buy it??,even for the artwork if it's more than a fiver who will bother??

But YES,the 3 disc set will be most desirable(what mistyfies me is BB have been saying for years that there is absolutley NO out-takes from the Replicas era that havent already been released,so were did this stuff surface from,can we now still belive them that all the Pleasure Principle and Telekon stuff has been released? :rolleyes:

#14691 12/03/07 10:18 AM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't have any old Numan bootlegs at all, so the Sydney CD will be most welcome in my collection smile

#14692 12/03/07 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Re Sydney,that's 100% acurate mate,most of us have as good as they will be selling you so who would buy it??,even for the artwork if it's more than a fiver who will bother??
Yeah thats it, i played some from the show last night once i heard the news. The sound quality is the best from any numan bootleg you could hear, and better than the 'Dream Corrosion' official double cd.

Further more, on the original performance the band played 'Down In The Park', but by the time a bootleg surfaced.....it was missing. This official release will also NOT include the missing track, so it will be pressed from the bootleg, or the same source as the bootleg.

#14693 12/03/07 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Will:
BB have been saying for years that there is absolutley NO out-takes from the Replicas era that havent already been released,so were did this stuff surface from,can we now still belive them that all the Pleasure Principle and Telekon stuff has been released? :rolleyes:
Great or craizie minds. See my post last night at the Numan site. wink
There are other demo sessions from 'Principle' and 'Telekon' era's. Theres also a completed remix version of the entire 'Dance' album, thats way passed any demo stage.

Come on BB, we know its out there!!

[Edit] 15:12 Post slightly edited due to a slap on the wrist :rolleyes: smile

#14694 12/03/07 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Come on BB, we know its out there!! :p
That's right BB; give up the goods.
Don't make me get all shouty now mad

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.