Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually they are not doing a cover rather they
are performing at an Italian venue of the same name.Very apt since they claim to be influenced by John.

Is the venue named after the Foxxvox song or the 1960 film?

Dunno,what City is it in??
I could make a few inquires and maybe our fellow listees in Italy could ask ariund?? smile

H
H
I remember Bryan Ferry doing a track called "Hiroshima Mon Amour" a few years back, which quite excited me as, if there's ever an artist who could cover John's work with style it would be him.

Disappointingly it turned out to be an original writtten by Ferry and Dave Stewart out of the Eurythmics.

Never mind - perhaps John could send Ferry a copy of "From Trash" and ask if he fancies covering "Another You"? wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
- perhaps John could send Ferry a copy of "From Trash" and ask if he fancies covering "Another You"? wink
Yes, shocking how Ferry has spent hes whole career copying Johns vocal style from that track, and he didn't even have the decency to wait for the song to come out first. :rolleyes: smile

Bryan Ferry was at my record shop a month or so signing autographs for his latest 'Dylanesque'.

Don't think it was too well received here as Bob Dylan has a special place in alot of New Yorkers' hearts.

L
L
"Hiroshima Mon Amour" is a well-known venue in Turin, Italy. Their official website is www.hiroshimamonamour.org. It's a nice place for interesting music: I've been there several times, spoke with the founders and discovered the place is named after the UV song.

BTW If you're after a cover version of HMA, please check out www.myspace.com/madamesadowsky for our very own live cover.

Ciao,
Luca

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Bryan Ferry was at my record shop a month or so signing autographs for his latest 'Dylanesque'.

Don't think it was too well received here as Bob Dylan has a special place in alot of New Yorkers' hearts.
good point. i've heard a few tracks from it. hmmm. i liked his other covers in the past, including that one of old-time songs and his cover of 'jealous guy,' which offered a new dimension to that song but this dylan one? not sure. also, ferry "out of context" i've heard a couple of times, like on a soundtrack a ferry head played for me the other day, and, when it's out of his hands (ferry's that is), it seems to me that people don't have a good feel with where to place his voice in the music.

I am a Ferry/Roxy fan but did not think too much of Dylanesqe. A review that pretty much sums up my view can be found at www.glam-ou-rama.co.uk. There are some Foxx/Ultravox reviews there to.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.