Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 27 1 2 25 26 27
S
S
It's a great book Mark. Here's the amazon review. Well worth tracking down.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ambient-Century-...9841&sr=1-1

Administrator
Administrator

One of the thngs I want to do this year was read more.

Just finished Mark Cocker's inspirational prose poem 'Crow Country' about a man's dedication to the observational science of roosting behaviour in crows...

Trust me, it's engaging and uplifting.

Now I hve moved on to Bill oddie's autobiography One Flew Into the Cuckoo's Egg. Not sure I am at all comfortable with his narrative style, but there's an interesting story to tell and it will be intensely personal.

I
I
This will hardly come as a surprise given my proclivities but
"PUT ME BACK ON MY BIKE " IN SEARCH OF TOM SIMPSON* W FOTHERINGHAM "
and by the same author HALF MAN HALF BIKE * THE EDDIE MERCKX STORY "
Both birthday presents from last week
*Alas no foreward by Nigel of Half Man Half Biscuit

*great british Cyclist of the 60's who died on Mount Ventoux during a Tour de France stage in 1967 The subsequent post mortem revealed that his body contained so many illicit substances that they would have finished of Lou Reed , Keith Richard and that ugly bloke out of Aerosmith whose name I can't remember combined in one fell swoop !

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 06/17/13 11:44 AM.
I am reading Bernie Krause's "The great animal orchestra". A fascinating must to anyone who records nature voices, Krause's got huge experience. Daily animal voices are not random but organised orchestra, and natural voices inspired the first musicians millenniums ago.

I
I
Henning Mankell "Der Feind in dem Schatten" Picked it up in Frankfurt Airport wating for my conncting flight on my way to the bike race in Dublin last month It all revolves around Mankell's fictional detective Inspector Kurt Wallander based in Ystad near Malmo in Southern Sweden Obviously I can't read Swedish so I' have to make do with German as I've never come across any English translations Very good Wallander comes across as very human This is supposedly the last in the series It all revolves around espionage and counter Espionage in the 80's when Sweden was supposedly neutral and not involved in The Cold War The book suggests this was not the case I found it excellent

True to form and quite predictably I have now moved on to "HALF MAN HALF BIKE EDDIE MERCKX " again by W Fotheringham A chronical of the life and times of arguably the best cyclist of modern times

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 07/15/13 10:35 AM.
Page 27 of 27 1 2 25 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.