Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30
#14005 10/21/10 06:20 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Moving on…

Wire have announced plans to play live in Oxford for the first time in 25 years.

http://www.nme.com/news/wire/53514

I'm already on the bus cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#14006 10/27/10 06:30 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
This looks to be about as cool as it can get.

It's not often "I wish I was there" but the recent TG shows are an exception to that frown

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eatmorechips/sets/72157625108556139/show/

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#14007 10/29/10 01:45 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
And then this happens:

Press release from the band

"Yesterday evening, Genesis P-Orridge, founding member of the avant garde legends Throbbing Gristle informed the rest of the group (along with their associated managements) that he was no longer willing to perform in TG, and had returned to his home in New York. Carter, Cosey and Sleazy have concluded from this that the group is, once again, no more.

As far as forthcoming live dates go, the performance at Archa Theatre in Prague this weekend has been cancelled.

For November dates in Bologna and Porto, the remaining trio have offered to perform live under the name X-TG. They are awaiting confirmation from promoters as to either this is okay, but full refunds are available for all shows if required."

#14008 11/04/10 02:03 PM
S
S
O.M.D - Glasgow Royal Concert Hall 2/11/10

What can I say? Amazing show. Andy never stopped dancing the whole show. I've saw them a few times before but thought that now he's getting on a bit (aren't we all) that he'd slow down a bit but no , he gave everything he had. The crowd were on there feet dancing as soon as they came on stage & never sat down all night. They started off with New Babies New Toys from there new album & everyone loved it & it set us up for a great night. All the old favourites were played even Bunker Soldiers got played.

Just a quick note about support act Villa Nah. They were outstanding. It was one of a few gigs where the concert hall was almost full to see the support act. They went down a storm & I hope they have great future success as they deserve it.

#14009 11/21/10 03:24 PM
Klaxons live @ HMV Institute Birmingham 20/11/2010

They were excellent,fantastic lighting.Mostly backlit which made it hard to take pics.

The other difficulty was that I was against the crashbar at the front.The crowd seemed to be made up of under 20s,pogoing,crowd surfing,covering me in lager.In short it was wild.

New Rave was alive and well.

My sore ribs are testament to that

Despite the manic Moshpit i really enjoyed the show.

Slideshow:-

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/...mview=slideshow

#14010 11/23/10 07:52 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
never mind the music - I would LOVE to at this

http://www.vintagesecret.com/2010/11/wiltons-vintage-christmas/

Christmas at Wiltons - magical

#14011 11/24/10 06:47 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Christmas at Wiltons - magical
looks lovely, count me in smile

#14012 11/27/10 06:29 PM
Last night I attended Heaven 17 at the HMV Institute Birmingham.My 3rd visit in 6 weeks.

It started with a DJ set from Mark Jones.He started with John Foxx's Underpass.Nice start.Gone were the leopord skin pants of the Roundhouse replaced by a very pink outfit.

Then onwards with Penthouse & Pavement followed by a few surprises.

Glen sang Whichita Linesman,then did a version of Human Leagues's Dont You Want me on accoustic guitar.They did a brilliant cover version of the Associates Party Fears 2 and ended it all with a stonking version of Being Boiled.They also did their bigger hits Temptation and Come Live with me.

I only took one video.I was too busy enjoying the show:-

Come Live Me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyAoIulj8pU

#14013 12/05/10 01:19 PM
The Human League - Wolverhampton 4-12-10

*** Spoiler Alert ***

I'm guessing when this tour was originally planned it was meant to coincide with the new album release. That having gone out the window, I was wondering how much new material they would risk. Well, we got two new songs - the show opening with the instantly catchy Electric Shock, and the new single Night People in the middle of the set. From memory, here is the set-list: -

Electric Shock
Open Your Heart
Mirror Man
Heart Like A Wheel
The Lebanon
Louise
Love Action
Sound Of The Crowd
Being Boiled
Empire State Human
Night People
All I Ever Wanted
Fascination
Tell Me When
Don't You Want Me

Seconds
Electric Dreams

They gave their usual polished performance, Phil starting with a hoodie for the first song. Nice backdrop of five hung screens giving some interesting images.

The reaction to the new songs was fairly subdued, and I was left wondering how many people had actually heard Night People prior to the show. Maybe they were right in sticking mostly to the old favourites?

One little bonus for me was the inclusion of All I Ever Wanted. New songs aside, this was the only track I hadn't heard 'live' before. Nice to hear a 'Secrets' track at last. Got the same subdued reaction as the new tracks though, and I was again left wondering how many folks knew anything about this track and its parent album.

The show opened with the Performance who sounded impressive. Another little bonus - the 25 minutes or so of music between the bands included Dislocation - the first time I have ever heard John's voice at a gig where he hasn't been playing.

I wonder if THL will tour again when the new album comes out? I hope so, and maybe they can include a few more new tracks in the set-list.

#14014 12/05/10 01:59 PM
I've just found out the HL's Sheffield gig which was cancelled on Wednesday has now been re-scheduled to Sunday 12th Dec in a totally different venue - the O2 Academy. Surely you re-schedule a gig to the same venue, not one half the size. How can a gig which usually fills Sheffield's 2000-capacity City Hall possibly work there?!

I imagine there will be a lot of angry HL fans in Sheffield at the moment! Personally, it would have made more sense to move the homecoming concert to early next year, closer to the release of the new album.

Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.