Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30
#13865 04/08/08 07:45 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Karborn - Nature's Concrete Exhibition in Brick Lane Gallery, London.
April 3rd - 14th (Five exhibition pieces only)

London urbanism married into the Garden of Eden, exposing reflections of temptations, learned experiences and stories therein. Revealed right through from floral petals suspended in impossible pauses of time, to minimal urban constructions built on fractured sunsets, to Hidden doorways surrounded by the changing and the unknown that crackle colourfully with the anticipation of discovery awaiting...

His artwork is absolutely awesome. I've not seen anyone else whose work epitomises what I imagine my own stuff would be like if I had any kind of talent.
Which I don't.

Brilliant,, brilliant. laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#13866 04/11/08 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Karborn - [b]Nature's Concrete Exhibition in Brick Lane Gallery, London.
April 3rd - 14th (Five exhibition pieces only)

London urbanism married into the Garden of Eden, exposing reflections of temptations, learned experiences and stories therein. Revealed right through from floral petals suspended in impossible pauses of time, to minimal urban constructions built on fractured sunsets, to Hidden doorways surrounded by the changing and the unknown that crackle colourfully with the anticipation of discovery awaiting...

His artwork is absolutely awesome. I've not seen anyone else whose work epitomises what I imagine my own stuff would be like if I had any kind of talent.
Which I don't.

Brilliant,, brilliant. laugh [/b]
Cheers Martin - will go along on Sunday and have a look

#13867 04/15/08 04:13 PM
Popped along to this on Sunday - can't really add anymore to what Martin said. Just to say the pieces are beautiful.

Co-incidentally, one of the pieces at the exhibition by Kaborn is being used to provide the artwork for a flyer for Cargo (where Metamatic was performed late last year).

I've managed to accquire 10 of these flyers, and just like last year, will happily post them out to the first 10 people who email me laugh

#13868 04/15/08 10:41 PM
Missed this thread,dunno why??
Anyway,some of you know I love taking live pics(I've posted some of JF elsewere on this site)so here are a couple of my Numan pics from the Replicas tour
Enjoy!

#13869 04/16/08 06:57 AM
M
M
WOW!! All pics are amazing Will.

We have some fine photographers on this site. All of the Numan pics have been excellent.

cool

#13870 04/16/08 08:23 AM
M
M
Excellent pics, Will!

#13871 04/16/08 08:35 AM
Really good pictures. Thanks Will

#13872 04/22/08 12:39 AM
Tomorrow night(well later today now) I'm off to see (We are)Performance
Good strong links with both JF and Numan and,as far as I can gather,Ian(he of the merch stall at Foxx gigs) is their tour manager.
I've managed to see them a few times now and everytime they've been great!!
Review will follow but untill then a pic from their gig here in Glasgow in October last year smile

#13873 04/30/08 11:58 AM
I went to see David Essex at Wolverhampton Civic last night shocked eek I can guess what some of you are thinking, but hey, my wife accompanied me to Metamatic so I guess this was pay back time :rolleyes:

Double pay back in fact, with the footy on the box as well mad

Crikey, I’ve never seen so many women in one place at the same time. I swear there were only a handful of blokes in the whole place. Everything must have started really early because we arrived about 7:45 and the support were already going strong (a bloke with a guitar – no idea who he was).

Mr Essex arrived about 8:20 and there was a sudden surge towards the stage (this was an all-seater event). I should make it clear that most of the ladies were of a certain age. I got the impression the majority of them wanted to leap up on stage and do unspeakable things with David laugh Did I hear a scweeam??

Most amusing sight of the night was the harassed security staff trying to stop folk taking mobile phone footage. They would thwart one eager lady, only for another to thrust her arm upwards just yards away.

A pre-gig article in my local paper had mentioned that Mr Essex has achieved no less than 16 top 30 hits in the UK (and our John is forever stuck on a fat zero confused ). He dipped into these hits and mixed in a few tracks from his new album as well. Standout track for me was Imperial Wizard. He was the consummate showman, and had the ladies in the palm of his hand all evening. He may be 60, but apparently this was the 4th in a 48 stop tour. Where does he get his energy?

This was all very civilised; cushioned seats, a modest volume, all finished by 9:50. It all went without a hitch and my wife really enjoyed herself. Which I guess, was the point.
smile

#13874 05/02/08 12:01 PM
Last night I went to see Bjork at the Empress Ballroom in Blackpool.

This was my first time seeing Bjork live.

I only bought the ticket last week.

Glad to find when I got there that it was a case of running to the stage to get your place.

The ballroom is a beautiful old Victorian theatre,great venue.

The support act was some DJ woman making a hell of racket,not really my kind of thing.

Then at around 9.15 Bjork appeared with Earth Intruders.Excellent.

She played quite a few tracks off the latest album & some old ones.

Stand outs for me were Army of me with its laser light show & the closing with Declare Independance.

This was accompanied with masses of smoke,tin foil,party string & glitter being dispensed into the audience.What a party.

I've posted a clip of this on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxzmR0SgOV4

It was like being at a rave.

Overall the show was awesome.

I will be seeing her again laugh

Here are a few pictures:-

Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.