Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19
It's very unfortunate so close to the date(s) but if "key players" are ill or in no state to perform, then what can you do, they're only human.

Must be something serious (hopefully it isn't) to call it off a good couple of weeks ahead though confused

can,t belive this,hope all concerned are all right, but bang goes to my xmas present to myself. mad

Not cool at all!
Just booked a flight and a hotel in London.
I was REALLY looking forward to this.

Sightseeing London I guess ...

Cancelling a gig at a location like the Troxy must also incur a non refundable deposit, so I doubt if this has been an easy decision, and I really feel for those who have made arrangements to get there. I'm luck as I haven't done mine yet, that would be 1,000quid + (still not sure if I could have gone). But at least I have other reasons to go to the UK.

Ah, Great!

I don't think I want travelling to London in April, 'cause of having the costs two times for one gig is a bit too much for my opinion.

Is there any chance we can get the money back for the tickets (Troxy ) ?

Ah, yes - and I'm pissed too... mad

Sorry, read the mail from Rob again . There is a chance to get the money back.
So I will do it soon.

Any interest into a meeting without a gig ?

According to the statement Andreas, you can get a refund for your ticket.

I really feel you and for everyone who was due to travel from abroad, as I know you can't normally get a refund for trains or flights, and they're much more expensive then the ticket price.

It must be a very difficult decision to make; I don't doubt a lot of time and money has already been put into hire, production, rehearsals etc, so that's money lost by the artists and the fans. It can't be an easy thing to do, knowing that not only are you going to really piss the dedicated fans off, but also make them lose money as it were, especially at this time of year.

Hopefully soon there might be more details and clarification behind the decision.

Makes you wonder if they'll get the same ticket sales and interest in the re-scheduled dates.

Perhaps you can turn the day into a FoxxGate and invite John along for a pint? wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
According to the statement Andreas, you can get a refund for your ticket.

I really feel you and for everyone who was due to travel from abroad, as I know you can't normally get a refund for trains or flights, and they're much more expensive then the ticket price.

Perhaps you can turn the day into a FoxxGate and invite John along for a pint? wink
This is the risk you go for if you coming from overseas. BTW: It's my second experience into this....

But I'm sure we will have a nice weekend in London - without a gig (Though it would been the highlight).

And a Foxxgate would be nice...

Why do I get the feeling Gary Numan has something to do with this cancellation??

F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
Sorry, read the mail from Rob again . There is a chance to get the money back.
So I will do it soon.

Any interest into a meeting without a gig ?
I suggested the same to Garry.
Let's have that meeting anyway! (including a few beers to drink our sorrow).
John F., if you are reading this as well...you are invited! smile

Topicwise, I read more and more suggestions it has to do with the sale of tickets (or better, the lack of sales).
It has nothing to do with Mark Jones's health since he's, trying, to spin discs the 1st of december ( http://www.backtothephuture.net/
Depending on where you go 1 or 2 days earlier.
Rumours rumours, sure...but if they mess up a perfectly good weekend for me it is my right to go along with them.
Unless one of the artists falls out, even when that happens I am sure they can find someone else(!), I am not buying it.
The rest is not replaceable? We all are...

Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.