Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
I had a confirmation when I ordered the ticket, not when I actually payed it.
Sent them an e-mail to ask if the payment has succeeded.
Hope it did, as I have to arrange a flight and a hotel!

SOMEBODY'S GOT TO SAY SOMETHING....

How comes us in the cheap seats get 55 minutes and those who rattle their jewellery get an hour in the VIP lounge?!

This is f**king terrible. Let's not decorate it - let's just say it like it is;

THIS.IS.F**KING.TERRIBLE

What F**kwit organised this? What F**kwit decided that giving no-marks The Whip a punt was worth Foxx losing valuable stage time?

Send me their name - I guaran-F**king -tee that I will place the F**kwits head on a spike on London Bridge.

It's just not on....AND, more importantly - it's just not on.

I UNDERSTAND...that The Badger gets it's hour - history is rewritten and repurposed by the chart hits - not the genius who started it all. I get that. I really do. On this occasion - I have no issues with Badgerman - this is all down to the F**kwits who organised this; who thought 'bums on seats' etc etc, because that's gonna happen with The Whip innit? HOW F**KING DARE THEY!!!

Look...

It's bad enough the great man has to go on before The Badger, but as I said before; I UNDERSTAND.

BUT...THE WHIP????

SERIOUSLY....YOU (THE ORGANISERS) HAVE GOT TO BE F**KING KIDDING ME

Dear Organisers,

I live in East London,

And yes..as chance would have it - I have a spike with your name on it

I may get medieval on 'yo ass'

This is F**KING WRONG!!!!

55 MINUTES!!!!!

55 MINUTES????

YOU'RE TAKING THE P!$$!!!!!

Any questions? Am I wrong????

DISCUSS

F
F
Now, thats ehh....quite...ehh,clear Garry.
I have yet to hear "The Whip" to be honest, no idea what that is about really.
I do understand they moved things apart a bit to make the whole evening look interesting.
If Foxx ends up next to Numan it'll be mighty quiet in the early evening laugh
Which way you turn it, people are going for (A) Foxx (B) Numan or (C) Foxx & Numan.
I personally am not bothered coming over to London to see "The Whip" or "Motor", mainly Foxx laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by fons:
Now, thats ehh....quite...ehh,clear Garry.
I have yet to hear "The Whip" to be honest, no idea what that is about really.
I do understand they moved things apart a bit to make the whole evening look interesting.
If Foxx ends up next to Numan it'll be mighty quiet in the early evening laugh
Which way you turn it, people are going for (A) Foxx (B) Numan or (C) Foxx & Numan.
I personally am not bothered coming over to London to see "The Whip" or "Motor", mainly Foxx laugh
Heh! Hi Fons,

the crux of my argument/rant/scribble - isn't with the artists themselves - truth is I've nothing against The Whip. No, it's the billing and time that Foxx has been given - I think it's very unfair.

Townsend are offering the following;

A Numan ticket will set you back £30.25...

...A Foxx ticket will set you back...£30.25

If that's the case, there should be equal billing and/or equal time given to Foxx. I just think his set being less than an hour is an insult to the man, and us who've bought tickets and I think whoever organised this aspect of it should be shot.

Obviously I'm in the minority on that last point, but I digress... wink

F
F
Hi Garry smile
I know the tickets are sold as "Foxx" or "Numan" but it is easy to see it is for the whole event.
I would have payed the same for just Foxx & Numan, they can keep the change wink
Maybe John just likes to play just one hour?? who knows
In the mean time I heard "The Whip" (no thank you), Motor I know as warming up music to Depeche Mode's 2006 tour...so in a way I was talking about the artists wink

Quote:
Originally posted by fons:
Hi Garry smile
I know the tickets are sold as "Foxx" or "Numan" but it is easy to see it is for the whole event.
I would have payed the same for just Foxx & Numan, they can keep the change wink
I just wished they'd had equal or almost equal time - there's just too much packed in - it's like a gig organised by a committee - not by someone who wants to go.

They've just packed too much in, because, let's face it - how many gigs go like clockwork? What if the early sets over-run? Who will have to cut their set? Numan? I don't think so.

F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:

They've just packed too much in, because, let's face it - how many gigs go like clockwork?
I had that same feeling at the Roundhouse gig already, Just Foxx & Numan with some DJ'ing at the end would have been enough...then AND now...

Just seen a tweet from Barnbrook:-

both @karborn and i will be vjing at the #johnfoxx troxy gig on 3rd dec. also foxx will be doing some new material as part of the set!

Administrator
Administrator
I think perhaps we shouldn't be calling this a Foxx gig...?

It's not billed as such. He's listed as one of the special guests, so an hour among other acts seems reasonable enough.

New material?? - probably more stuff from The Maths sessions. Excellent!!

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I think perhaps we shouldn't be calling this a Foxx gig...?

It's not billed as such. He's listed as one of the special guests, so an hour among other acts seems reasonable enough.

New material?? - probably more stuff from The Maths sessions. Excellent!!
It's not a Foxx gig.

It's not a Numan gig either.

If you look at the billing and the description (below) - it's more of a festival of sorts;

http://www.troxy.co.uk/LiveConcerts_WhatsOn_Moreinfo.aspx?WhatOnID=106

The Troxy themselves however, are billing it as a Numan gig with special guests, when you go to their ticket site; http://www.seetickets.com/Event/GARY-NUMAN-BACK-TO-THE-PHUTURE/Troxy/502513

It has to be said that some people are travelling a long way for this and I think the set-time allocated to Foxx is unjust.

Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.