Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
C
C
Good grief! John, Benge, and band are back, and are playing live again!

Just been catching up on my email after a week away on a visit to a friend, so I was really surprised by this announcement, and that Mr Numan is on the bill too! though is he actually playing live, or is this just a cunning rouse? laugh

Wish I could be as committed about attending the show as everyone else here, but it all boils down to expense mad but, (As Chris has suggested) one could omit the hotel and hang around town after the show till the morning train, alhough it seems such a waste just to go to London and more or less straight back home again

From Gary Numan's website:

Just to clarify what's going on at the Back To The Phuture shows in Manchester and London this December. The Gary Numan set will be a full show, with the band not a DJ set, of about an hour and a half to an an hour and forty five minutes, Recoil and John Foxx will be playing live sets for about an hour each, plus there will be a live set from Motor, who will be supporting me on some of the US Pleasure Principle shows. The nights will also include excellent DJ sets from Cabaret Voltaire's Richard H Kirk and Mark Jones. This is a slight departure for me and I'm very excited to be part of these Back To The Phuture shows. Really looking forward to playing in Manchester and London again, especially with such a great line up of bands. One other point to mention is that we will be off stage in London by midnight and by 11pm in Manchester.

T
T
Nice to see the band together for another outing. This might however be a bit rich for my blood at this point in time. If only Recoil and John Foxx were on the same bill! Then it might be worth getting a small loan.

I was considering it, but since Foxx is only on for an hour or so, and having seen Numan umpteen times over the last couple of years, it's all a bit costly in both money and time.

At the moment I'm more bothered about having new material from both artists than seeing them live. At least The Maths album looks to be with us in the near future - and this is the most excited I've been about a Foxx release since 2006.

As far as Numan is concerned - to quote one of his lesser known greats, "God Only Knows".

Quote:
Originally posted by fons:
Andreas; the Holiday Inn Express wasn't too expensive in advance...76 pounds for the room (2 people), and it's on crawling distance from the venue laugh
Thank you, fons!

Holiday Inn Express is booked now... wink

This sounds like a great event. Unfortunately, the date is not a suitable one for me...hopefully there will be more live shows in 2011.

It will be interesting to know if John and Benge plan to tour when the album is out, although part of me suspects it won't be possible due to the amount of vintage equipment they'd have to lug around and re-tune, hence not venturing outside of convenient London for the last couple of gigs.

F
F
auch rubbish. I've gigged equipment of that vintage all round Britain and Germany. It works fine.

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
auch rubbish. I've gigged equipment of that vintage all round Britain and Germany. It works fine.
Well if Hannibal can get his Pachhyderms over the Alps, and Fitzcarraldo can get his steamship through a jungle, then I’m sure that John can muster some northern gumption and get a truckload of Arp’s, Moog’s, Roland’s, and Linn drums around this island. So I expect to see ‘The Math’ in my neck of the woods in the near future laugh

Actually, from a non-purist point of view, I’d settle for John and just a couple of tiny keyboards, laptop, and pocket drum-machine in a small gigging space, just as long as he makes the new music Rock!!! wink

The Archive
OP Offline
The Archive
Another support band (namely The Whip) has been added to the running order for the Back to the Phuture show in London on Friday the 3rd of December.

Rob

Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.