Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
Quote:
Originally posted by solenoid:
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
[b] [b]Walk Away

Systems

of

Romance

I wish I could shout louder than bold capitals!! laugh [/b]
WALK AWAY definitely, would even be partial to a rendition of Maximum Acceleration [/b]
Maximum Acceleration yes! my altime Foxx Fave laugh

Does anybody have any idea how long Foxx and Numan's sets are likely to be?

Administrator
Administrator
I see Brian's point about both acts sharing a bigger venue/costs etc, but the downside of that is a 'common' audience. Not sure that worked from the Foxx fans point of view at The Roundhouse.

As for tracks - yes Maximum Acceleration is good, but I'd campaign for as little U****vox material as possible.

Just realised this sounds like a negative posting eek
Not the intention at all.
Just seeing these two icons on the same bill shows how far things have come in 30 years.

Super, super stuff and promises to be a great night out

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by jhoward:
Oh man, you guys in the UK are lucky! This looks to be an awesome show!

One thing I don't understand is why organizers are so keen to lump John Foxx and Gary Numan into the same pile all the time. They haven't sounded remotely similar in style since at least 1979. Don't get me wrong, I quite like Numan, and if he was still doing the retro thing instead of the NIN inspired thing, I'm sure his music would compliment Foxx's really nicely.
If Gary plays his current Pleasure Principle set, it'll go perfectly. On the other hand, Gary's current music is the opposite end of the spectrum to John's.

"Electronic" doesn't just mean retro analogue sounds - it's more about technology, and that's the direction Numan's music has taken, being more technology based. Although when you think about it, the balance between synths and guitars is only like a modern day version of the same balance he struck with Telekon. Sort of.

Quote:
Originally posted by solenoid:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by fons:
[b] I bought one as well! See you there! cool
OH NO! FONS IS GOING!

That means the party has officially started! laugh [/b]
Please keep him away from security guards this time! [/b]
laugh

(second subliminal message for Mr. D. Leigh):

I CAN'T STAY LONG

WALK AWAY

I CAN'T STAY LONG

WALK AWAY

I CAN'T STAY LONG

WALK AWAY

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I see Brian's point about both acts sharing a bigger venue/costs etc, but the downside of that is a 'common' audience. Not sure that worked from the Foxx fans point of view at The Roundhouse.

As for tracks - yes Maximum Acceleration is good, but I'd campaign for as little U****vox material as possible.

Just realised this sounds like a negative posting eek
Not the intention at all.
Just seeing these two icons on the same bill shows how far things have come in 30 years.

Super, super stuff and promises to be a great night out
Not negative at all. And as you comment, I'm sure whatever set that gets played will be a hoot! Just hope I can actually get there!

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:

Now which pub to meet for a pre-gig drink?
It's my neck of the woods, so I'll have a scout around.

This may involve frequenting lots of pubs and drinking lots of beer but I'm happy to sacrifice myself for the good of the group wink

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
This may involve frequenting lots of pubs and drinking lots of beer but I'm happy to sacrifice myself for the good of the group wink
Somebody has to do it and You are the chosen one.

Administrator
Administrator
Garry

Best of luck and may God speed you in this challenging quest.

On behalf of all the forum, we truly respect this heroic act of selfless bravery

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Ordered my tickets . smile

Can I have a beer, too? :rolleyes:

Personally I would be happy about every track of Systems Of Romance, esp. the ones which were rarely played live, performed by John and his band.

One day they should play the whole album live! I would pay a lot for that... wink

Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.