Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 44 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 43 44
#11387 02/23/11 02:33 PM
I will be recording it wink Alex since I'll be down London when it's on.

Brian

#11388 02/23/11 02:55 PM
Great! I'll come begging shortly after laugh

#11389 02/25/11 10:22 AM
Slightly obscure reference, but the great Nile Rodgers (who's writing a daily blog about living with cancer) mentioned guitars, Gary Numan and some other things today. Interesting reading...

Nile Rodgers - Walking on Planet C

All the best,

EG

#11390 02/25/11 01:56 PM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
Can anyone recommend any online Numan forums, where we can shamelessly plug our "Gary Goes To Ibiza" remix of Scanner?

http://soundcloud.com/thats-never-a-real-horse/scanner-gary-goes-to-ibiza

Shameless, I know, but if you don't ask you don't get...........
www.thetouringprinciple.co.uk best Numan forum.

#11391 03/15/11 12:36 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Numan is appearing on Nemone's Radio 6 show THIS AFTERNOON

Tuesday 15th march

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#11392 03/21/11 01:09 PM
This just in from the Numan team:

There's just under two weeks to go until the Manchester Academy and London Troxy 'Back To The Phuture' shows on April 1st and April 2nd respectively, and Gary is currently working on a brand new stage set that is a mixture of cutting edge technology and sheer scale. Constructed out of 32 LED panels and measuring 40ft wide and 24ft high, this stunning wall of light, colour and images is being put together with Digital Insanity, who recently put together the spectacular Tron Legacy premiere at the Tate Modern. According to the company's MD, Richard Bagshaw, "It's a real honour to be working with Gary Numan. He's very well known for his lavish light shows and it's been an interesting collaboration creating a visual backdrop for him. The shows are going to be intense". Gary had this to say, "I'm scared of talking it up too much but, the truth is, it's the biggest stage show I've had for a very long time and we're all excited about it. I can't wait to see what the fans make of it."

#11393 03/27/11 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Highlights (from Digiguide)

Saturday

Roxy Music:The High Road
Bryan Ferry:Dylanesque
New Order Talks with Dave Fanning
Music & Lyrics Jean-Michel Jarre
Moog Documentary
Gary Numan Talks with Dave Fanning
classic Albums:Duran Duran Rio

Sunday

Pet Shop Boys talk to Dave Fanning
New Order Live at Finsbury Park
Talk Talk Live @ Montreux

Most I've seen before.

Brian
Passing Strangers over at EV has just reminded me to set my Sky box next Saturday night for the Numan Re-invention Doc (as well as JMJ Doc on in the afternoon).

Brian

#11394 03/27/11 11:54 AM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
This just in from the Numan team:

There's just under two weeks to go until the Manchester Academy and London Troxy 'Back To The Phuture' shows on April 1st and April 2nd respectively, and Gary is currently working on a brand new stage set that is a mixture of cutting edge technology and sheer scale. Constructed out of 32 LED panels and measuring 40ft wide and 24ft high, this stunning wall of light, colour and images is being put together with Digital Insanity, who recently put together the spectacular Tron Legacy premiere at the Tate Modern. According to the company's MD, Richard Bagshaw, "It's a real honour to be working with Gary Numan. He's very well known for his lavish light shows and it's been an interesting collaboration creating a visual backdrop for him. The shows are going to be intense". Gary had this to say, "I'm scared of talking it up too much but, the truth is, it's the biggest stage show I've had for a very long time and we're all excited about it. I can't wait to see what the fans make of it."
As for me he might as well stand in front of a few white blankets under a 60W lightbulb if the music is good...after all, it's about the music right?

#11395 03/28/11 11:38 AM
for those who won't be at Troxy on Sat.:

Gary Numan: Reinvention The Electric Warrior

UK only though I expect..
frown

#11396 03/31/11 05:01 PM
C
C
I read this on the bus the other day:

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/859308-gary-numan-adam-ant-is-a-very-interesting-bloke-to-talk-to

Gary mentions his stuffed Wolf, but completely fails to mention that he's gigging with his prized Foxx at the weekend eek

Page 35 of 44 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 43 44

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.