Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10994 06/02/07 08:17 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Really enjoying my 'experience' with this (very graphic!) book at the moment.

Only just started, but already I have met a blurred kind of girl and a man with no outline who always seems to be wearing someone else's clothes… wink

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
William was such a huge inspiration to all my musical heroes.

M
M
Burroughs Is superb. An absolute original. I got into Burroughs through Numan, mainly. Particularly the novel Dead Fingers Talk, which was mentioned in Ray Coleman's autobiography, I think, along with Naked Lunch.

Other books I recommend are:

THE YAGE LETTERS
MY EDUCATION: A BOOK OF DREAMS
THE TICKET THAT EXPLODED
THE SOFT MACHINE

A shameless plug: My 2nd Apparatus And Hand album Junk Receiver (Broadcasts From Bug Powder Radio) is inspired by William Burroughs. Only one track to finish off & it will be available free to anyone who wants a copy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Burroughs Is superb. An absolute original. I got into Burroughs through Numan, mainly. Particularly the novel Dead Fingers Talk, which was mentioned in Ray Coleman's autobiography, I think, along with Naked Lunch.

THE YAGE LETTERS
THE TICKET THAT EXPLODED
THE SOFT MACHINE

A shameless plug: My 2nd Apparatus And Hand album Junk Receiver (Broadcasts From Bug Powder Radio) is inspired by William Burroughs. Only one track to finish off & it will be available free to anyone who wants a copy.
Burroughs is an absolute genius. Other works you should try are his last trilogy of books; Cities of the Red Night, The Place of Dead Roads and The Western Lands. Their very dense and full of bloody history shifting as they do between time and place.

Two other books if you can get them; 'The Beat Hotel' and 'Le Hombre Invisibles' by Barry Miles are very good reads. The first is all about the period that Burroughs & Ginsberg et al stayed in Paris, the second a biography.

Yes Ilektrik - I'd love to have copy of your album!

Garry

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
[b] Burroughs Is superb. An absolute original. I got into Burroughs through Numan, mainly. Particularly the novel Dead Fingers Talk, which was mentioned in Ray Coleman's autobiography, I think, along with Naked Lunch.

THE YAGE LETTERS
THE TICKET THAT EXPLODED
THE SOFT MACHINE

Burroughs is an absolute genius. Other works you should try are his last trilogy of books; Cities of the Red Night, The Place of Dead Roads and The Western Lands. Their very dense and full of bloody history shifting as they do between time and place.

Two other books if you can get them; 'The Beat Hotel' and 'Le Hombre Invisibles' by Barry Miles are very good reads. The first is all about the period that Burroughs & Ginsberg et al stayed in Paris, the second a biography.

Yes Ilektrik - I'd love to have copy of your album!

Garry [/b]
Thanks for the other recommendations, Garry. I shall try & pick them up.

A copy of Junk Receiver you shall have. A friend of mine has just got to put some guitar down on a track called My Shadow In Vein Dead Finger Voice. I'll definately be bringing copies with me to John & louis' November gigs.

Mark

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Interview with Burroughs here - not one I've read before (from 1974)

http://www.dalkeyarchive.com/book/?fa=cu...972C8D36C6.html

His 'technique' of writing three books for every one published and then using bits in other places,overflowing and cutting back, repeating and leaving IN apparently unrelated fragments is something of course that John Foxx is also rather good at... :p

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.