Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
M
M
Bought my ticket. laugh

Ohhhhh.... Can I get there and back in a weekend? This is going to be a challenge!

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by solenoid:
Ohhhhh.... Can I get there and back in a weekend? This is going to be a challenge!
A challenge and a half... laugh

Rob

No kidding.I did my trip Monday-Friday.

Left me feeling shattered for weeks.

Good luck.

I think it needs to be done though. laugh

Brian

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
The following is a quote from [b]John about Gary Numan's involvement in the forthcoming event at The Roundhouse ...

"It's typically generous of Gary to agree to take part in this event," says John Foxx, following the announcement that Gary Numan and Ade Fenton will be performing a DJ set at the 30th anniversary Roundhouse show in London on Saturday the 5th of June, 2010.

"I've always had immense respect for everything Gary achieved and the very independent way he went about it. I also think he's a true star - a genuine instinctive artist capable of connecting across several generations. You see, it takes time to tell if you can affect anything beyond your own generation. Most bands and most music will fade fairly quickly, but the more interesting stuff will take time to be seen. It's a far longer game than most realise. Gary's entire career has proved itself through that test of time. It's even more relevant now than when he began. A very rare thing."

Rob [/b]
That's a lovely comment from John. cool

Administrator
Administrator
Agrred. It's great!

incidentally, will we see you at The Roundhouse Alex?

It would be good to meet up at last

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Tickets booked! laugh smile wink

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
C'MOOOOON! [b]METASTOCK...[/b]
laugh
hope everyone going remembers to pack their analogue sunshades, binary beads, and electroponcho’s…

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
"It's typically generous of [b]Gary to agree to take part in this event," says John Foxx... "I've always had immense respect for everything Gary achieved and the very independent way he went about it...[/b]
Johns comments about Gary are quite beautiful, I can see the seeds of a potential 'Bromance' developing there! laugh smile
Thought’s of this event have been going round and around in my head this last week, and even if Gary is only DJing and not actually performing its still a great guest spot, with two icons of electronic genius in the same place at the same time surely tickets for this gig have got to sell-out.

John and Gary at the one gig? I definitely would've paid to see that - if I could... frown

Fantastic news - really looking forward to this gig.

smile

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.