Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
I'd thought I'd begin a new thread on Shock etc, rather than clog up the What Are You Listening To? thread.

Barbie Wilde (who was in Shock) has her own website. Whilst I was browsing through the YouTube vids section I scrolled down to find that Barbie & Tok appeared in the Passing Strangers video.

Along with the PS vid, there are a couple of Landscape vids (Einstein A Go Go & European Man) a vid of a Shock song that I didn't know about, plus a vid of the excellent Dream Games, also by Shock.

Enjoy, I did.

http://www.barbiewilde.com/bwyoutubevids.html

C
C
Yes what a performance!

A couple of days ago I had these on my playlist:

Passing Strangers by Ultravox
Angel Face by Shock
Dynamo Beat by Shock
European Man and Einstein A Go-Go by Landscape

See the thread What Are You Listening Now?

Recently discovered Barbie, well Wilde!, a rare talent. Mind you donīt like her on Hellraiser. wink -

Chris C cut-off accidentally!! :rolleyes:

M
OP Offline
M
Hi Chris,

you're posting on WAYLT thread, re-ignited my interest in Shock etc. I'm going to dig out the Landscape 'From The Tea Rooms Of Mars.. album & give it a spin.

Mark

The Einstein video reminds me of Thomas Dolby AND the Buggles. Nice one. I've not seen that before.

Angel face is so far over the top, it's excellent! How the hell did I miss these guys in the eighties?

Is that Carole Caplin? And the Blair Witch took advice from her?

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:

Is that Carole Caplin? And the Blair Witch took advice from her?
The very same one! Cherie, a blitz girl in her youth! eek

Chris C wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
I'm going to dig out the Landscape 'From The Tea Rooms Of Mars.. album & give it a spin.
that's an excellent album!

M
M
yep Landscape are always worth a listen to. but Tik & Tok, Excellent, the most underrated 80's band there was, and its nice to see they are back!

quite a few new Tik'n'Tok/shock stuff being put up on YouTube by my mate lately,I'm promised more to come.

T
T
Has anyone heard this new Tik & Tok album yet, and if so what's the verdict? I had a copy of their former one and only album and played it a fair bit, although I found it patchy.

i just found dynamo beat 12" by shock last weekend from a record fair, also last summer i bought all the originat tick & tock 12"-ers. good stuff.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.