Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10522 02/10/07 09:22 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
"I believe we live in an age where in every aspect of our lives, the mechanics of society encourage us, by whatever means possible, to be other than ourselves."

Philosophy, anyone?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#10523 02/10/07 09:37 PM
I have a feeling your right Birdsong. Not sure there's an answer to this.
Everyone as high expectations of others. It is difficult to be ourselves today. I know my partner wants me to be what she wants. Sorry but what you see is what you get, thats me and I'm a individual person. wink

Philosophy eh

#10524 02/10/07 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
"I believe we live in an age where in every aspect of our lives, the mechanics of society encourage us, by whatever means possible, to be other than ourselves."

Philosophy, anyone?
The mechanics of society is to interact, but that means also taking the consequence of that interaction. To be someone else is to forego the consequences.

#10525 02/11/07 09:59 AM
L
L
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:

Philosophy, anyone?
Ahhhh, I don't know Martin - I just think it's the beer (or, if you're buying, the double G&T in my case smile ) talking. As Billy Joel once said, 'You may be right. I may be crazy. But it just might be a lunatic you're looking for...'.

With the pace of life, and the fact that Andy Warhols fifteen minutes of fame will come along to all, most people have the tools available if they want to portray themselves as something other than waht they are. But, the consequences can have downsides. If you deviate from being either true to yourself or pure intnetions, you will be exposed as your true self or other by others at some point. Accountability is best and easiest defended when you stay true to yourself and nothing else.

smile

LG
x

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.