Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 674 of 753 1 2 672 673 674 675 676 752 753
Got half way through Duran Duran's All You Need is Now and had to turn it off.

Actually, I think all I need is Interplay and Credo, which are both on heavy rotation until further notice.

George Michael - 'Older'

smile

Administrator
Administrator
Tom Waits - all kinds of things.

Just watched his induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

http://pitchfork.com/news/42009-watch-to...ction-ceremony/

The guy's an absolute genius...

Would love to get a chance to see him live one day

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Interplay at home,its really working the KEFs hard!

Just picked up Fascination mini 6 track LP by The Human League,and also Dance Hall Days by Wang Chung.

C
C
Well today I've played Interplay 4 times over in a row!

Prior to this I've not listened to much music recently, seem to have had a real lack of interest. On Friday I found myself out of the blue playing all of the In Mysterious Ways 2 disc remaster, it made for a different frame of mind in the lead up to experiencing Interplay. Last night I was online in front of the computer in the small hours, and playing in the background Jon Hassell's 'Last Night The Moon Came Dropping Its Clothes' album, which really suited that half-awake/half-asleep sense of being...

Administrator
Administrator
Interesting - a couple of comments now linking Interplay with IMW. I feel a connectivity there too...

But, like core memory above, after incessant Interplaying, I have now 'moved on' and played A Secret Life twice this weekend.

Concluding again that there is no such thing as a 'best' John Foxx album.
Apples are not oranges cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
T
T
I find it very hard to play anything more than once a day - for me it would be like having two breakfasts. But good health to them that can!

Three new albums: Credo, Interplay and REM's Collapse Into Now. The last of these rather washed over me, which might be a first for me with this band. I can hear potential in the slower songs but if this is going to be a grower it is but a tiny shoot at the moment. Credo was good fun and I look forward to being acquainted with it some more. Interplay was quite an experience.

S
S
Duran Duran - All You Need Is Now
Human League - Credo

Both are good albums but not overly impressed. After a few listens to all 3 albums that were released last Monday I'd have to say that so far John Foxx & The Maths is my favourite. On Credo Phil's voice still sounds as good but don't think it's much better if at all on Secrets , though I haven't played that for a while.
A.Y.N.I.N is way better than the awful Red Carpet & is probably there best since The Wedding album. Most impressed with Leave a Light On & The Man Who Stole A Leopard which reminded me in parts of The Chauffeur.

Currently giving All You Need Is Now another try. I wasn't in the right mood for it the other day. Some of it sounds really good, some not so - and far too many tracks.

That said, it's better than the majority of Red Carpet Massacre - I liked that album, but it just wasn't very Duran. At least this one stands up alongside Astronaut and The Wedding Album in terms of 'their best album since...'

Other than that still playing Interplay and Credo to death. Credo is a real grower of an album. Tracks that might not grab you at first, ultimately grab you by the bollards and swing you round. Very addictive.

Page 674 of 753 1 2 672 673 674 675 676 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.