Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 673 of 753 1 2 671 672 673 674 675 752 753
The Human League Credo...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
The Human League [b]Credo... [/b]
and...???
:rolleyes:

I think I've just walked into a gay disco.

It's very camp. Fun and quirky. Not necessarily essential League, but simply nice to hear Phil's wonderful barritone crooning out new songs. His voice never ages.

Foot hasn't stopped tapping though. Apart from 'Single Minded' which I very nearly had to skip. Everything so far - 'Electric Shock', 'Never Let Me Go', 'Into the Night' and especially 'Sky' are really enjoyable.

More like Octopus than Secrets. Maybe. It's not really like any other HL album actually.

You also need a degree in packaging to get the booklet in and out of the digipack.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:

More like Octopus than Secrets. Maybe. It's not really like any other HL album actually.

You also need a degree in packaging to get the booklet in and out of the digipack.
I'll go for the download only then!
Keep feeling fascination...

It's a Human League album - that's the best way to describe it!

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by jhoward:
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
[b] Cheers for the reply. I'll just wait for it's arrival. What are your thoughts on it?
I preordered the physical release from the albums official website, and it gave me a free download of the entire album.

The album itself is solid, a bit of a cross between Amnesiac and In Rainbows. It's quite a short album, but there are rumours splayed across the internet suggesting a part 2. It definitely requires multiple listens, but is ultimately highly rewarding, especially if you listen to it through some real nice headphones. I found it challenging upon first listen, but I've grown a strong attachment to it now. [/b]
I agree, it is very good and quite low-key-sounding. Solemn AND hopeful? I had a less-than-attached play of it today but I probably wasn't giving it the usual attention. I can't wait to read the lyrics (in the newspaper) and know what the hell he is singing about!

Far too much good music this week!!!!

On heavy rotation -

John Foxx & The Maths; Interplay
The Human League; Credo
Burial & Four-Tet featuring Thom Yorke; Ego/Mirrors 12"
The Horn The Hunt; Depressur Jolie

Agreed - nothing new for ages then loads of new music all at once!

Currently battling for rotation are:

John Foxx & The Maths - Interplay
The Human League - Credo
Keren Ann - 101

John Foxx and the Maths on my iPod,also I have borrowed the following CDs:

Noah and The Whale urgghhh Bruce Hornsby style feel good tat with naughty lyrics.

Nicole Scherzinger
More tat, with a very nice CD cover

The Strokes Angles, not a bad album with synths which is a first for this band.

Credo, I really have'nt made up my mind on this album yet.

Someone, I'd like to say 'kindly' but I think we may fall out over this one, has lent me the Liam Gallagher/Beady Eye 'Different Gear, Still Speeding' album. I'm trying to give it an unbiased chance...but on the initial play it's sounding nothing but awful.

frown

Up next will be a whole raft of Prince albums. Yes, I know he's a bit erratic quality wise. But nothing could be worse than what I'm playing at the moment.

smile

Page 673 of 753 1 2 671 672 673 674 675 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.