Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 672 of 753 1 2 670 671 672 673 674 752 753
Thanks to losing a computer some time ago through theft, I'm re-loading a few lost albums on to the new one. Not to everyone's taste I appreciate, but today it's 'Some Girls' and 'Exile on Main Street' by the Stones.

smile

"My Name is Trouble", the new single by Keren Ann. Lovely.

And Interplay. One review coming right up...

S
S
Villa Nah - Origin
Hurts - Happiness

Two of last years best followed by two of this years best so far. Blancmange - Blanc Burn
Mirrors - Lights & Offerings

I'm sure they'll be challenged tomorrow when the albums by John , Human League & Duran Duran come out.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Quote:
Originally posted by John Taylor:
[b] Radiohead King Of Limbs
Is this available as a free download John? My copy is ordered but wouldn't mind a listen before it arrives. [/b]
I recorded it from a friends iPod using TapeDeck for Mac, not sure of its origin.

S
S
Cheers for the reply. I'll just wait for it's arrival. What are your thoughts on it?

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Hunter:
Listening to a new band I have discovered, there from Germany and are called The Silicon Scientist. The album i'm listening to is called "Poly" and it is fantastic with the Joy Division influenced "Meltdown" being the highlight - the best track Joy Division never made.

A very impressive electronic album.
Cheers for this Gary. Listened to there tracks on youtube & I'm very impressed. Need to try & track down there cds now.

J
J
Quote:
Cheers for the reply. I'll just wait for it's arrival. What are your thoughts on it?
I preordered the physical release from the albums official website, and it gave me a free download of the entire album.

The album itself is solid, a bit of a cross between Amnesiac and In Rainbows. It's quite a short album, but there are rumours splayed across the internet suggesting a part 2. It definitely requires multiple listens, but is ultimately highly rewarding, especially if you listen to it through some real nice headphones. I found it challenging upon first listen, but I've grown a strong attachment to it now.

Interplay on the way to work. Now playing Keren Ann: 101

S
S
Got my 3 new albums by John , H.L & Duran Duran this morning. Time for a quick download to my ipod before heading off on my short break.

Quote:
I need to give a second listen, not sure of track names as its just a single 40 min recording, but it seemed as quirky as most Radiohead albums can,the physical release in 'newspaper format' sounds interesting.

Page 672 of 753 1 2 670 671 672 673 674 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.