Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 668 of 753 1 2 666 667 668 669 670 752 753
C
C
Still down the psychedelic and German sounding path, though this time its of the genuine vintage variety as opposed to a a more recent retro take on that sound.

Between: And The Waters Opened - picked this up last month, I was inspired to get it because of this clip with its fittingly sinister visuals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWbt7BWx1D8

From the slightly weird (of the time) the album flows along in a gentle Indian spiritual vibe towards a more cosmic sound. Fortunately its not so long-haired-hippie for me that it makes me want to shout out 'Gouranga!', and its not likely either to take me on 'a trip' and have me shouting out Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer's Shooting Stars catchphrases of 'Uvavu!' and 'Eranu!' laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
...been listening to [b]Esben and the Witch
Not sure if its all up my alley as it were, but its good to play around now and again [/b]
Checked them out myself, but remain undecided...

S
S
Kate Bush - The Red Shoes , Hounds Of Love My favourite two albums of hers.

The Matrix OST

C
C
Listening earlier to Nico: Desertshore - (part of the Frozen Borderlne 2 album pack that Martin helpfully mentioned on here previously)

Presently listening online to Tame Impala:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvf7gR4-2M

Completely into this band right now, I'll have to get their album Innerspeaker

Mirrors Lights & offerings arrived today.

Cant believe it was way back in July that I first heard Ways to an end on 6 Music

Great Album.So glad they are doing the Troxy laugh

S
S
Blackfield - Blackfield II
Kate Bush - Aerial
Blancmange - Second Helpings

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Mirrors Lights & offerings arrived today.

Cant believe it was way back in July that I first heard Ways to an end on 6 Music

Yes, you guys are lucky to see Foxxy, Numan and Mirrors all on the same bill. Quite a treat.

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
[b] Mirrors Lights & offerings arrived today.

Yes, you guys are lucky to see Foxxy, Numan and Mirrors all on the same bill. Quite a treat. [/b]
Bought a ticket for Mirrors in Hamburg at the Molotov on 14th April for a few minutes... Absolute bargain - only 13,50 Euro. Looking forward to that show! (will buy Lights and Offerings on that evening,too)

'Steve Ferrone's Farm Fur' excellent 2003 live album 'More Head'

smile

C
C
Woke up this morning to discover that it had snowed during the night, only an inch at most, but an unexpected sight that was surprising mainly as I’ve spent the last couple of evenings before bed watching Inception on DVD - (only the second time I’ve seen the movie, but I’m still Lady Gaga about it) - and it was the James Bond-inspired snow battle in the dream within a dream climax which ended the day for me yesterday, so this mornings listening kicked off with Hans Zimmer’s soundtrack to: Inception.

The rest of the morning its been Dead Can Dance: The Serpents Egg, and Windy & Carl: Songs For The Broken Hearted.

Page 668 of 753 1 2 666 667 668 669 670 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.