Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 663 of 753 1 2 661 662 663 664 665 752 753
I've decided todays media is too compressed, I've decided to become a vinyl junkie!

First out of the record box is:

The Cross - Roger Taylors solo album

Administrator
Administrator
Popol Vuh - In Den Gärten Pharaos (Pilz, Germany 1971)

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Popol Vuh - In Den Gärten Pharaos (Pilz, Germany 1971)
Damn you & your wonderful taste in music I've yet to hear. laugh

Administrator
Administrator
Hang on - I'll turn it up... laugh

It's a fine album, but I still prefer the debut Affenstunde. This one is, for me, a little too near the fence around the hippie commune and has one too many dreamlike and new-age/spacey sequences in it.

I never really went 'Big' on Tangerine Dream (not much at all beyond Atem and Phaedra anyways), and this is kind of where that started.

Fricke's piano though, is absolutely superb and I do love the 'vocal' treatments (reverb, echo etc) on the title track

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Hang on - I'll turn it up... laugh

It's a fine album, but I still prefer the debut [b]Affenstunde
. This one is, for me, a little too near the fence around the hippie commune and has one too many dreamlike and new-age/spacey sequences in it.

I never really went 'Big' on Tangerine Dream (not much at all beyond Atem and Phaedra anyways), and this is kind of where that started.

Fricke's piano though, is absolutely superb and I do love the 'vocal' treatments (reverb, echo etc) on the title track [/b]
Not bowled over by T.D. myself, apart from 'Electronic Meditation'. The 80's T.D. bored me to tears, but then so did most 80's sequencer electronic bands. For that I blame digital synths flooding the market. Coming on like analogue was the dinosaur of the synth world. remember digital = Lazy. wink

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by John Taylor:
This weeks listening:
Tooth Mother - Mick Karn
excellent album! My favourite tracks are the title track, Plaster The Magic Tongue & Lodge Of Skins. In fact there is not a duff track on this album. Probably Mick's best one. I really miss him. frown

S
S
Scritti Politti - Cupid & Psyche 85

Marc Almond - Variete

Cut Copy's Zonoscope. Disappointing; only a couple of tracks I'd want to hear more than once.

C
C
Ulysses 31

Made in '81, but I actually watched it eek on video in the early '90's

C'mon everybody, lets clap our hands and sing it together:

"Ulysses, Ulysses, soaring through all the galaxies, in search of Earth, flying into the night.
Ulysses, Ulysses, fighting evil and tyranny, with all his power, and with all of his might"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4c1X5ene8

S
S
Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age Of Wireless. Looking forward to his new album "A Map Of The Floating City" due for release in the summer. A new ep will be released on March 28th entitled "Oceana"

Lola Dutronic. Tracks picked up from youtube.

Page 663 of 753 1 2 661 662 663 664 665 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.