Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 657 of 753 1 2 655 656 657 658 659 752 753
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
You know how sometimes it just [b]works??

All is Falling in Parts - Zea
Crazed-up Dutch nonsense from their 2003 album 'Today I Forgot To Complain'

Atomic Flower - The Atomic orchestra of Radioactive Europe
The more I am drawn towards formless music, the more I love this album. Thanks to them as know who they are
[/b]
Intrigued by your interesting post Martin, and being unfamiliar with some of the names I went looking online.

Is The Atomic Orchestra' our forum member Mr Ilektrik by any chance, and was the name inspired by the 2005 opera 'Doctor Atomic"? its by American composer John Adams who also composed the 1987 opera Nixon In China.

Most unexpectedly of all eek and by co-incidence, ZEA, who I've never heard of before, are actually playing in nearby Glasgow this coming Sunday the 29th!

S
S
John Foxx - D.N.A

A nice birthday present.

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Is The Atomic Orchestra' our forum member Mr Ilektrik by any chance, and was the name inspired by the 2005 opera 'Doctor Atomic"? its by American composer John Adams who also composed the 1987 opera Nixon In China.

Yes it's me & no the name wasn't inspired by 'Doctor Atomic'. Never knew of it until you mentioned it, Core. I came up with the name myself. 'Atomic Flower' was inspired by the painting of the same name by Humphrey Spender. I've searched the net for a picture of the painting, but can't find it.

Been listening to

Pagan Dub Lord - 'Neon Icon.................From Above'

Avalon By Bus - 'Live @ Glastonbury 2010'

M
M
Glove Puppet Orchestra - 'Realms'

White Lies - Ritual

M
M
Dead Can Dance - 'Spiritchaser'

Started off with various Peter Gabriel tracks... moved on to David Bowie.

M
M
The Tantric Juju Clowns - as yet untitled album recorded live at Anew Cuisine.

Tracks:

Eros And The Bride Of Pan
Achieving Karma With A Pentacle Nail
He Watched The Tantric Juju Clowns And Then He Spoke His Words Of Wisdom

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
'Atomic Flower' was inspired by the painting of the same name by Humphrey Spender. I've searched the net for a picture of the painting, but can't find it
Had a look in the library as I was quite interested in finding a pic, but all I found were two books of realism photos from the time when Spender was involved in 'The Mass Observation Project', eerily fascinating in itself, but also somewhat depressing reminders of how people used to live in 1937 and the difficult years to come.

Quote:
Been listening to

Pagan Dub Lord - 'Neon Icon.................From Above'

Avalon By Bus - 'Live @ Glastonbury 2010'

The Tantric Juju Clowns
Its gonna sound like I've been stalking you now eek but all I could find online about any of those bands was one copy of a different Pagan Dub Lord album for sale, and the fact that Trillian Green (a Seattle trio of multicultural influences) had an album out in '95 called Psycho Tantric JuJu Jazz. And to think I thought that the internet had an answer for everything laugh

Vienna Art Orchestra Minimalism Of Erik Satie

Page 657 of 753 1 2 655 656 657 658 659 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.