Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 654 of 753 1 2 652 653 654 655 656 752 753
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Stringy Bob:
'best of' compilation of Esquivel (Juan Garcia Esquivel) called 'Loungecore'
Ô¿Ô
cheers for posting Bob, I luv 'the sound of lounge', and been checking Mr Esquivel out online.

Did you ever go to any Vegas! club nights here in Edinburgh eek I was dragged along to a few back in the day laugh

Presently playing Barbarella film soundtrack by Bob Crewe Orchestra, "love, love, love, drags me down..."

The Vanity Clause - Re-fractured

http://soundcloud.com/the-vanity-clause/sets/re-fractured/s-xDuIo

Also, Mesh - In This Place Forever

This was a Christmas present and I've only just got round to playing it. Its another fine album from my current favourtie group.

In This Place forever is an excellent album, although in my opinion, they'll never top The Point At Which it Falls Apart.

More French music for me today... Jarre, Bernard Lavilliers and an album of Breton songs by Nolwen Leroy.

S
S
Harold Budd & Brian Eno - The Pearl

An unhealthy amount of Broadcast and Evergreen by that John Foxx bloke

Just getting in from an evening of pretentious folk music. eek Have decided to cleanse myself by listening to an unhealthy amount of Joan Jett. smile

C
C
Right now its MGMT: Oracular Spectacular

Recently its been Brendan Perry: Ark, and Can: Ege Bamyasi, and Tago Mago, the track 'Oh Yeah' really conjures up the feeling of a time and a place that I was too young to ever experience.

Currently listening to the sound of a Shatterproof Drum Stem laugh

M
M
Dead Can Dance - 'Spiritchaser'

Broadcast - 'Haha Sound'

Mick Karn - 'Titles'

just listened to the 1m30s sample of a new song on Gary Numan's website.

Captured Underground Noise Transmission.

You can work the acronym out for yourselves.
And if that isn't bad enough, he's swearing in the song too, in the obligatory whispery bit. I'd generally respected Numan for not stooping so low in his music, but now, he's hammered in the final nail. The swearing starts, I switch off. He's not Trent!

Is this dirge is all he's got to offer after god knows how many years of waiting and hoping?

Always a shame to have to resort to living in the past of an artist's work. But those early Numan albums are timeless. Interesting lyrics, catchy synth riffs, real drums and good basslines.

Somebody tell him, please!

Page 654 of 753 1 2 652 653 654 655 656 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.