Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 650 of 753 1 2 648 649 650 651 652 752 753
J
J
Been listening to Duran Duran's new album quite a bit myself. I picked up the John Foxx signature "flangersynthbass" in The Man Who Stole A Leopard too. On the whole I really like this album. Good return to form from a band who have gone off on way too many tangents over the years.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Soaking up the brilliance of Gary Numan's 'DANCE' album.

I really do think that this is his best album. Sophisticated, esoteric, delicate & heartfelt, among other things. Truly absorbing.

& this track could be my favourite Numan 'Dance' era track & possibly fave Numan track of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znvTPkFIHsQ
My favourite Numan album ever. 'Cry, The Clock Said' being my favourite track on the album.

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
[b] Soaking up the brilliance of Gary Numan's 'DANCE' album.

I really do think that this is his best album. Sophisticated, esoteric, delicate & heartfelt, among other things. Truly absorbing.

& this track could be my favourite Numan 'Dance' era track & possibly fave Numan track of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znvTPkFIHsQ
My favourite Numan album ever. 'Cry, The Clock Said' being my favourite track on the album. [/b]
Last time I heard Dance was on vinyl in the late 80s, having read this I feel the urge to buy it on CD or iTunes.

C
C
Off on a journey, so today's traveling albums are -

M83: Dead Cities, Red Seas & lost Ghosts, and Before The Dawn Heals Us.

S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I've been left unimpressed with the bits I've heard so far. Only Girl Panic on the iTunes preview made me want to hear the rest of the track.

They do sound more like Duran Duran again compared to Red Carpet Massacre, but it doesn't sound like any classic Duran style songs are on there.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.
Duran Duran - All You Need Is Now

My thoughts exactly Alex. I was given the download as a Christmas present & I'm not too impressed. I've been a fan since the beginning but they haven't made a good album since Big Thing i.m.h.o. They have made great songs since eg Serious , Ordinary World & Come Undone bit I tend to skip tracks on albums since BT. Astronaut was a big improvement & probably the best since but they fell flat on there faces again with the awful Red Carpet Massacre.
Todays free song on itunes "Mediterranea" is probably there best new song. Will it be on the cd version of the album?

I'm bored with Duran Duran already, I'm listening to Who We Touch - The Charlatans

Depeche Mode - Construction Time Again

I've been buying up DMs back catalogue during the last year and this was a Crimbo present. Also got Black Celebration & Some Great Reward. laugh

C
C
Animal Collective EP: Fall Be Kind - (a little crimbo pressy sent to me).

Spoilt for choice the moment, just running a back up of iTunes purchases and I have 15.2 GB worth since Sep 10,a tad more than I thought.

So my listening for the the first week of 2011 will be the following:
Gary Numan - Dance
The La's - The La's
Pete Lunn - Everything Is Number
New Order - Best Of

I also bought from iTunes Depeche Modes Barcelona concert, so I'll watch that on a commute at some point.

O
O
Depeche Mode - Violator

(Thank you Alex S whose obsession with DM started me investigating their back catalogue a year and a half ago - Haven't looked back since!) laugh

Page 650 of 753 1 2 648 649 650 651 652 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.