Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The piano work on here is much more fragile, much more subtle than on previous Quiet Man recordings – which are practically Motörhead in comparison – so light is the touch here, like the Quiet Man sat alone with his crumbling book, I feel that to listen too hard may cause the sound to turn to mist. There’s Pinter-like pauses too – in the text, in the music – but everything flows beautifully amongst the sound of birdsong (no, not that one).

Love the art work and the booklet of this CD. I think it will take a few listenings until I understand the most of it laugh .

But I have to say it had been better John himself had done the reading. Mr. Barton is not bad, but I love listening to John's voice. This would make it more a special CD for me.

wink

C
C
Perhaps, a bit like the grey suit being worn by lots of different people, John should get different people, accents, gender to read extracts in the first person - that would be quite nice.
I like Barton's voice as it remains impersonal, John's voice is good for the cricket - will you get that at 3rd Man, Bumble?
Cheers

T
T
I am waiting for the right time to play this - early autumn - and am pleased to see the tree-lined road on the back cover!

G
Gem Offline
G
Now that, Craig, is a really excellent idea...

I can’t buy this just yet as I’m broke (quelle surprise!), but it sounds every bit as essential as I was expecting.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
Love the art work and the booklet of this CD. I think it will take a few listenings until I understand the most of it laugh .

But I have to say it had been better John himself had done the reading. Mr. Barton is not bad, but I love listening to John's voice. This would make it more a special CD for me.

wink
I like Barton on the CD, he has a cool detached quality to his voice.

Saying that, i would love the music without any voice-over, at some point.

John?

I agree. He has a good voice. Typically modest of him.

I attended the party at the end of Dna that Friday. There he was. Did I speak to him? Well, as usual, not a clue what to say!!!

Good to meet the suit.........!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.