Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Below is the front cover artwork for [b]My Lost City...

Meanwhile, the highly anticipated collaboration between John Foxx and Robin Guthrie (entitled Mirrorball) is due to be released on Monday the 4th of May via Metamatic / Universal.

I'll post further details (artwork / track-listing) just as soon they've been confirmed.

Rob [/b]
I assume this was the cover for a CD called "Urban Motets", which you had seen on the old Metamatic site in the past.
So Rob: Is THIS! Urban Motets?

I like this photo a lot. Great cover!

And the Robin Guthrie collaboration in May!!!
How great is that!!!!???

Wow - what a nice start into the year...
smile

B
B
Hi,

John's been "repurposing" again by the looks of things, this was originally supposed to be the Urban Motets front cover I think...

(Andreas - you beat me to it.)

Regards,

B.

T
T
Paul, although it was originally for "Urban Motets", I've a feeling you are right to say it was also briefly considered for "Pleasures of Electricity" (after the two scientists picture) - I'm sure I've seen a mock-up of this image - on this very site perhaps. No doubt Rob could confirm. wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris The Robot.:
(Andreas - you beat me to it.)B.
Only 60 seconds, Boris... laugh

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
I've just heard that My Lost City is available to pre-order from Townsend Records .

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
I assume this was the cover for a CD called "Urban Motets", which you had seen on the old Metamatic site in the past.
So Rob: Is THIS! Urban Motets?
The music on My Lost City is different to what's contained on the (so far unreleased) Urban Motets album.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
I like this photo a lot. Great cover!
A 'variation' of the front cover image was briefly considered for both The Pleasures of Electricity...

... and Urban Motets.

Rob

The TPOE version is shown on the album's page on my website.

I'd be surprised if this was Urban Motets - I would guess maybe just some elements of it are leftover from that album, maybe...?

Love the (familiar) cover, and yeah, I was wondering if this is Urban Motets, too. And a release date for the Robin Guthrie collaboration!

Meanwhile, I've just preordered My Lost City at Townsend....

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
I've just heard that [b]My Lost City is available to pre-order from Townsend Records .

Rob [/b]
One copy for Shadowmandreas, please....!!! wink

B
B
Cheers Alex & Rob,

I'd only ever seen this pic with the "Urban" title
didn't know it was linked to TPOE as well...

Also great news about the Robin Guthrie/JF album
didn't spot this initially.. eek

(April will seem a bit quiet by comparison!!! :p )

BtR.

Enough of the front cover, regarding the contents of My Lost City, JF on myspace had this to say:

Quote:
In terms of style, the album includes early experiments with ideas that would eventually become Cathedral Oceans such as the filmic, synthesizer-driven Imperfect Hymn; one beautiful track is built around piano but also features electronics; others are more tonal, though melody features very strongly throughout My Lost City. Everything is recognisable in other John Foxx projects, yet also unique.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.