Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#712 12/02/08 09:17 AM
Wo-hoo! Christmas presents! Great stuff!

I'm enjoying these and would be quite happy to see a Foxx remix album - as long as the artists and their mixes are interesting.

#713 12/02/08 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
That said, I hope this isn't the first of more remixes. I don't see John as a 'remix' artist and certainly wouldn't buy an album of remixes.
Oh, I dunno. If I were putting that kind of project together, let's see... I'd invite Ladytron, Adult, Andrea Parker, some dubstep producers (Burial, Distance, Headhunter), Broadcast, Stereolab, Pole, Ellen Allien, maybe some of the Morr/City Centre Offices/karaoke kalk artists like Ulrich Schnauss or Donna Regina, and some of the dance/punk/electronic bands like the Klaxons, getting a wide variety of electronic music styles in there. I'd find it interesting, and it'd get more press coverage than another live-in-studio collection of rererecorded songs.

#714 12/03/08 06:39 AM
Thanks to all who made these free downloads possible. They are a treat for the loyal John Foxx fan, but is Townsend promoting them in any other way to attract those who are as yet uninitiated?
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
I'm enjoying these and would be quite happy to see a Foxx remix album - as long as the artists and their mixes are interesting.
I agree — and I'm known to be not particularly fond of remixes. wink I like Steve's suggestions for some of the artists who could lend a hand, and from a marketing perspective I fully agree with his conclusion,
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
. . . it'd get more press coverage than another live-in-studio collection of rererecorded songs.
High-profile remixes are more likely to reach a new audience and spark renewed journalistic interest in John Foxx's career in a way that the recent glut of all-too-similar recordings and repurposes/repackages saturating the market as placeholders until a full album of previously unheard, original material straggles its way out of the studio next year (she says with breath bated and fingers crossed) will not. smile

#715 12/03/08 11:02 PM
T
T
Something in the ballpark of Soft Cell's "Heat: the Remixes" would be great!

#716 12/06/08 12:52 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Something in the ballpark of Soft Cell's "Heat: the Remixes" would be great!
Absolutely! What a kick-a*s album that is! really opens up the songs to a contemporary audience.
It's so NOT about whether we, the dedicated hardcore fans, actually LIKE these remixes or not. We are all too familiar with the originals to have a really objective opinion.

Projects like this turn that attitude on its head and encourage everyone to look at John's career the other way up.

Incidentally Mark, do you have 'Soft Love' - the Terence Higgins charity cover versions album?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#717 12/09/08 03:42 PM
Of the two - I'm really hooked on the remix of Neuro Video - a bit mid-90s Metroplex is no bad thing.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.