Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Atom Man:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
[b] Cripes, I'll have to build an extension for that lot! laugh
Or an annexe. [/b]
(sigh) wink

Rob - are the tracks on Impossible "live" studio session tracks as per the Exotour and LFARABAAC or are they more conventional studio recordings (if you see what I"m trying to say!)

Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Every house needs a John Foxx wing.
You mean you don't? wink

Don't know if you anyone else has seen this from JF myspace blog:

Quote:
Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Impossible

Just put up 'Friendly Fire' as a taster for the new John Foxx & Louis Gordon album, Impossible. It's one of a handful of tracks where they've experimented with a different arrangement around an old drum machine. There's lot's of analogue noise across the 12 tracks; vocal effects hiss, crackle and distort; rough edges have been left in, if a drum machine or synthesizer splutters it's not smoothed over. The intention is to create something very atmospheric and alive. Hopefully the artwork, lyrics and music all feel like a cohesive package. It's an album about dreams, fears, Impossible stuff . . . something that can be both frightening and inspiring at the same time . . .

The album features two new tracks - Adult Concerns and Walk This Way - plus ten completely new versions:

The full tracklisting is as follows: Adult Concerns, A Million Cars, From Trash, Impossible, Friendly Fire, X-Ray Vision, The Man Who Dies Every Day, Walk This Way, Dislocation, Drive, The One Who Walks Through You, Crash And Burn.

It will be available - along with the new live album Neuro Video - at today's Cargo show, London, Saturday's gig in Venice and then from www.townsend-records.co.uk

See you later!

Steve

Its a nice track and very reprosentative of the album as a whole, more sparce than the 'From Trash' version.

Is it meant to sound like Showroom Dummies??

Got the 2 albums today - well, what can I say... the artwork is fantastic. Perhaps the most unusual and interesting pieces John's produced to date.

Looking forward to playing these...

Is there any news on when Townsend will make these available?

Still waiting for the gondola to arrive from Venice with the left-overs from Marghera I believe. smile

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Still waiting for the gondola to arrive from Venice with the left-overs from Marghera I believe. smile
laugh Classic!!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.