Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#599 08/24/08 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Chris C:

Quote:
Was John ever romantically linked with Isabelle?
Hiya Chris

Please pardon my ignorance but who's Isabelle? confused

Is it a song? If it's from The Golden Section or In Mysterious Ways then it will at least explain why i'm not sure, I haven't heard all of the songs from those albums - yet. frown

Cheers

Antoinette smile

#600 08/24/08 07:26 AM
C
C
Isabelle was the lead singer with the Brussels jazz-electro based group Antena. John produced their first single back in 1982, The Boy From Ipanema...yes embarrasingly enough a cover version of that Brazilian famous song. Also, Isabelle's claim to fame is appearing on backing vocals on Paul Haig's debut solo single and on the video Running Away. It's a great video. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ew7rtY22TQ

John did spend a considerable time in the Belgian capital and was dating a Belgian woman at the time. Out of this relationship his son John was born. wink

As you are aware John doesn't talk much about his private life. The only fact that I've raised this is that certain happenings in one own's private life can influence one's songwriting and it's direction. John from 1982 onwards appeared to be struck by Cupid. smile You see, one also has to consider the underlying matters behind an artist's creations.

Chris wink

#601 08/24/08 07:41 AM
Hiya Chris

Thanks for your reply and for the link (and so soon too!) laugh

Currently waiting for the clip to load, but my computer is soooooooooo sloooowww . :rolleyes: smile

But when it does fully load, I'll watch it. wink

Cheers

Antoinette smile

#602 08/24/08 12:08 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Just because I felt this thread was going all over the place (and to reserve this section for 'announcements' as it says on the tin), I've opened new ones for each of the three individual albums in the John Foxx section of this forum.

OK, I've opened two. The Garden thread was already there...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#603 08/24/08 06:28 PM
That would be an excellent idea to have a compilation of John's twelve inch mixes/singles.

Gary

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
Thank you a lot,Rob! (and everyone who has worked on these re-releases too!). smile

Though I would love to have the 12" inch recordings in digitally quality too, I'm very thankfully for these re-releases. The same goes for the rare session tracks. But I think we should take it as it is : These tracks are rarities - and at least we have them as CDR recordings or on Vinyl!!!

Perhaps one or another track finds the way on later releases - as Chris mentioned on an Interview CD !?...

All I can say is I'm very keen to hear all the new material and I have to admit this is more I have awaited!!
And A special Thanks for including the Quiet Man(Swimmer) tracks on the Garden. Two great tracks finding a worthy home at the end!

You make me ( and I'm sure all the Others too) as a glad man!!! :rolleyes:

THANK YOU ALL A LOT!!!! wink

Cheers, Andreas

( Puuuh, this took a lot of time for me to writing 'cause my right arm is painful and I'm off from work...)

#604 08/30/08 01:49 PM
Has anyone found any good prices for the remastered albums??

#605 09/03/08 05:30 PM
P
P
Got a question for Rob, if I may. Are the Glimmer CD and the Remastered CDs going to be available at the Japanese shows this month?

#606 09/03/08 06:23 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Hunter:
Has anyone found any good prices for the remastered albums??
They're already 'good' prices surely??

This quest for cheapness ultimately de-values the product...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#607 09/04/08 06:52 AM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
This quest for cheapness ultimately de-values the product...
Agree with you there, Martin.

#608 09/05/08 07:45 PM
As I can't work due to health reasons cost is important to me so that is why I asked the question.

Gary

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.