Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49436 02/15/23 09:03 AM
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Avenham is about a feeling. It’s a place John Foxx knew as a young man but it’s more than a location. It’s less defined, more dispersed and mysterious than that. As Foxx says: I think the point of music is to remain open enough for everyone to invest with their own experiences and memories, so I’m not going to explain too much, he says of the album which has echoes of his own London Overgrown recordings but also Drift Music with Harold Budd, his My Lost City album and the Ghost Harmonic project.

Avenham is always a mystery, anyway - even to me - and I’ve been going there for over sixty years. It’s a real place, that’s also as mythical as the gates of Eden. So the music is likewise nebulous and impressionistic - I hope not simply nostalgic, but redolent of myriad memories and sensations, and of the view from here to a time which occurs in almost everyone’s life, when the world becomes a radiant place of infinite mystery and promise - and everything seems possible.

Available as a Compact Disc, the full track-listing is as follows...

01. On Waking
02. Ampurias To Ithaka
03. Dream Through Trees
04. The Best Of Us
05. A Murmuration
06. Avenham

Release Date: 24 February 2023
Catalogue Number: META76CD

Avenham can be pre-ordered from Townsend Records...

[Linked Image from s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com]

Rob

2 members like this: Garden of Surreal Dreams, Brian
Rob Harris #49437 02/15/23 12:31 PM
A bolt out of nowhere. Very welcome.Ordered.

Brian

Brian #49438 02/17/23 04:39 PM
Ordered!!

Rob Harris #49439 02/21/23 03:44 PM
cool Once again, John's description of this 'other' new album really draws me in – with Avenham and The Arcades Project being released only a short number of weeks apart, it seems that John has been creatively very busy recently – looking forward to hearing them both grin

Rob Harris #49441 02/28/23 03:20 AM
Just ordered this. It's great to see that John is still "working".

Atom Man #49444 03/17/23 03:33 PM
After a very long travel (nearly 3 weeks) during the post strike in Germany.,I got my copy of Avenham yesterday. I have to say John many thanks for this wonderful music.
It's a masterpiece and I enjoy a lot listening to it.

Now I'm waiting for the Arcades Project. ( hopefully not another 3 weeks to wait)

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.