Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
John's long-awaited book, The Quiet Man, is due to be published later this year...

For forty years musician, composer and writer John Foxx has been writing stories about the Quiet Man, all of them providing an enigmatic parallel world which Foxx continues to explore in films, songs and photography.

Created with long-time collaborator Jonathan Barnbrook, this book collects together a number of the Quiet Man stories along with original photographic images and drawings. Available in two editions, each book will include a CD of John reading a selection of the stories, while the limited edition will also contain art prints and be signed.

For more information, please point your browser at the Rocket 88 website...

Rob

I've been waiting for this -- and, for that matter, almost any news -- for some time.

Will there be newly recorded stories? There are quite a few beyond "The Grey Suit" and the ones on the Quiet Man CD.

Last edited by Steve Roby; 04/16/19 04:26 PM.
T
T
You almost had to pinch me earlier when I saw this! It was several years ago we were told there would be news about this. And who hasn't been waiting since 1981?!

Let's hope there will be a number of unseen/unread stories, but even if not, this is a must-buy, particularly with a CD of John's readings! If it is anything like the "Spirit of Talk Talk" book (also published by Rocket 88) we won't be disappointed.

Really looking forward to this! Thanks, Rob! smile

Q
Q
Best news since Tangs 'In Search Of Hades' Box announced. cool
Thanks to all involved.

T
T
It will surely not come as a surprise that - given that it is now late November! - publication is now expected in 2020. Now I find to find a new Christmas present ...

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Further information about John's long-awaited book, The Quiet Man, has today been announced...

A number of copies will be signed by John and these are now available to pre-order on a strictly first-come first-served basis.
There's also the chance to have your name printed in the Roll of Honour, which will only appear in the first printing of the book.

For forty years musician, composer and writer John Foxx has been writing stories about The Quiet Man, all of them providing an enigmatic parallel world which Foxx continues to explore in films, songs and photography.

For the first time, this Barnbrook Studios designed, beautifully bound book presents Quiet Man short stories in a unique hardback printing. Also available as a limited edition signed by the author, it is only available here.

Please note that the art prints and CD of John reading a selection of stories from the book (previously announced) will now be available at a later date.

Rob

Q
Q
Just ordered signed edition.

In these strange days John's Cityscape-based work, both lyric and

prose, appear to me more relevant than ever before.

Essential reading.

Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
Further information about John's long-awaited book, The Quiet Man, has today been announced...

A number of copies will be signed by John and these are now available to pre-order on a strictly first-come first-served basis.
There's also the chance to have your name printed in the Roll of Honour, which will only appear in the first printing of the book.

For forty years musician, composer and writer John Foxx has been writing stories about The Quiet Man, all of them providing an enigmatic parallel world which Foxx continues to explore in films, songs and photography.

For the first time, this Barnbrook Studios designed, beautifully bound book presents Quiet Man short stories in a unique hardback printing. Also available as a limited edition signed by the author, it is only available here.

Please note that the art prints and CD of John reading a selection of stories from the book (previously announced) will now be available at a later date.

Rob

Sorry Rob, I totally missed this at he time.

Those of us who ordered at the time the CD and art print were listed at full price, will this be sent automatically, or will we need to order that a new?

Last edited by sam.vox; 11/06/20 04:15 PM.
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Originally Posted By: sam.vox
Sorry Rob, I totally missed this at he time.

Those of us who ordered at the time the CD and art print were listed at full price, will this be sent automatically, or will we need to order that a new?

As far as I recall, it was only available to order in August of this year after the changes to what was going to be included had been made.

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.