Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
Is this the right place to post about this release?

I recieved this today through the post and wanted to say how wonderful I think it is. It's a month early - what a terrific surprise!
Whilst I am eagerly awaiting a new John Foxx solo vocal album, this is nonetheless very welcome indeed.
I don't think since the days of Metamatic has John been so overwhelmingly 'industrial' sounding. This is the musical landscape where I think he does his best work. Unremittingly metallic, synthesised, and wonderfully hard to categorise. Of course, each track has echoes of those bygone days, with rhyhms and percussion lifted straight from tracks like 'Blurred Girl' and 'Mr. No'. These ghosts fit perfectly with the new arrangements and produce something forward looking and pleasingly retro at the same time.
Unlike John's last album 'B-Movie, there is a consistency here, a nice running thread of sounds and moods that works on individiual tracks, but also elevates the albun as a 'whole'.

Sinister and atmospheric, optimistic and cold, forward looking and raw, this album pulls a mass of contradictions together and produces something truly magical and unmistakably John Foxx.

smile

T
T
I finally received my vinyl copy last week. the album is excellent and I am sure a few more listens it will just get better.

Keep up the John Foxx releases on vinyl!!

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.